Chapter Forty

Kya helped Korra with her shoe. "You excited? You get to leave the hospital and you get to see Asami." Kya says. Korra shrugs. "Yeah." Kya nods. "Alright dressed and ready to impress. Did Lin tell you are going to be staying at Asami's?" Korra nodded. There was a light knock on the door. "I'm going to go get that. You finish up alright?" She says.

Korra doesn't respond and when Kya is a good bit away she rolls her chair towards her bed and grabs the shirt hiding it behind her. All her little gifts and cards were put inside a backpack the hospital gave her. She heard footsteps come towards her. She looks up and she froze in place. Teary green eyes stuck to her. Korra didn't know what to do or say in the situation.

Asami slowly walked closer. She bent down a bit so her and Korra were around the same height. Both keeping eye contact. Asami hesitantly lifted her hand and placed it on Korra's. "Hey." She says softly her voice cracking. Korra didn't respond but just looked at Asami. There was a feeling but it felt so dull. She lifted her hand and placed it on Asami's warm, soft cheek.

She felt warm tears running down her own cheeks but she didn't even notice she was crying. She wasn't sniffling or anything, they just rolled. Asami placed a hand on Korra's face rubbing her cheek with her thumb. "I missed you so much." Asami says. Without Korra even knowing her body reacted and pulled Asami close. Almost like a natural reaction. Though Asami wasn't complaining and leaned into Korra's chest, wrapping her arms around her, softly crying.

'She's here. She's really here. This is her. Her warmth. Her hugs. My Korra is back.'

Korra places a hand behind Asami's head. She didn't understand really her body was moving on it own, like a puppet.

'I just don't get it. Asami is here. In my arms. After two years. You wishing to be in her arms again. Here she is and yet nothing. It's so hollow. But my body is moving on it's own. I'm sorry I can't cry hard with you Asami. I truly missed you so much. I craved for you but I can't give you that right now. I don't know when I can. I'm sorry.'

Asami pulls back and sniffles wiping her eyes carefully. "I'm going to get my makeup smeared. I don't want it to smear on you." She says and giggles a bit. Korra just stares at Asami. Not in a creepy way. Asami looks at Korra and wipes the tears from her eyes. "You ready to go?" Asami asked. Korra nods. But before Asami could get up Korra's body reacted again and brought her close again. Though her eyes stayed open staring at the wall behind Asami.

Asami didn't complain and embraced her. Squeezing a bit. "Let's get you out of here." Asami says after a bit. She pulls back and looks at Korra. Her eyes a color she's never seen them. Her face shown no emotion. She didn't even spare a word. It hurt Asami to see her like that. She grabbed the wheelchair from behind and started pushing Korra out. A few nurses waved their byes as Korra passed them. Korra stares straight ahead.

When they are finally out she squints her eyes at the bright sun. The cool breeze and soft warms for the rays was something she hasn't felt in a while. When her eyes adjust she sees her parents waiting by a car. "I assumed you wanted to go on a drive with your parents." Asami says. Tonraq goes up to the two. "Can you stand?" He asked. Korra nodded. She quickly stands up. She learned to balance herself very easily since she could only stand on one foot.

"Oh wow I wasn't expecting that. Anyways here I'll just." He opens the door and walks to the side that Korra is crippled on. She easily gets inside and sits down. "You alright?" Her father asked. She nodded. They put her wheelchair in the trunk and Asami got in the seat next to her. They drove off with some music in the car. Korra kept the shirt close to her, didn't care if they saw it or not. She looked outside at the scenery passed by.