Chapter Thirty Seven

"It seems more nurses added to our shrine." Kya says taking Korra's vitals. Lin raised a brow, sipping her coffee. "Shrine?" She asked. Kya pointed with her pen to the window sill. Two new animal toys were there. A frog and duck. "Ah it seems so." She says looking at it and it continues to grow throughout the week. Nurses that checked on Korra would buy a small toy from the gift shop placing it on the window sill.

Since they still couldn't see Korra since she wasn't awake they had Lin inform them every morning. Which she did since the previous night her and Kya both would check up on her. It kind of became a quick routine of Kya sneaking her in. It always ended in Lin having to buy her snacks or her favorite milk tea. She didn't mind of course, though her wallet did since it wasn't so cheap.

"Well I got word from Hiroshi. Korra's parents should be here in three days. It's almost been a week and a half and she still sleeping are you sure she's alright?" Lin asked. Kya nodded. "Yeah, if she doesn't wake up by the second week we'll wake her up with a medication. Her body just needs to rest. Dealing with the trauma she's been through it wouldn't surprise me if we have to use the medication to wake her up." Lin nods looking at the window sill. "It's become a zoo." She says. Kya looks over. "Yeah that's true. She'll love it though."

Korra stirred a bit hearing muffled talking. It sounded like cotton was stuffed in her ear. She had a massive headache and everything started coming into focus. She opened her eyes slowly, since everything was foggy. Once they clear up she blinks a couple of times taking in the harsh light. The sound of beeps and the feeling of something covering her face come into play. She quickly regain her senses.

"You two are loud." Korra complains. To her they were since she had a massive headache. Lin and Kya eyes almost popped out of their head how fast they widened them. They turned and look to see Korra with squinted eyes, moving around a bit. "Hey Korra can you hear me?" Kya asked. "Yes too much." She groans. Lin holds a laugh as Kya rolls her eyes.

Korra opened her eyes taking in the people inform of her. Realization hit her. She jolts up ignoring every pain in her body. "Wait where am i. How did I get here, did he follow you? Oh no this is bad, I have to do something I-." "Korra hey I need you to calm down." Kya says aware of the beeping of the monitor increasing. Lin stands up and goes to Korra's side.

"No you don't understand they'll follow you they'll hurt As- Wait where is she makes sure she's-." "Korra listen to me. Everything is okay. They both are in police custody, nobody has taken an eye off them. You're safe alright. I need you to calm down." Lin says placing her hands on both sides of Korra's shoulders. "Deep breaths." Kya says. Korra takes deep breaths.

When the adrenaline rushes away the pain rushes to her head and her body ached. "Ahhh my head." Korra whines. "Okay, I'll let your doctor know you're awake and I'll give you pain medication alright just sit back." Kya says. Lin helps Korra lay back down. "I think this pain is the most I've felt in a while." Korra groans. Lin frowns at the statement. "Well this will be the most pain you feel again. You probably know you have to answer questions and all that but I'll wait until you're ready and better. For now focus on healing." Lin says.

"Okay. It's been a while Chief." Korra says. Lin sighs. "It has been. I'm glad too see you again kid." "Yeah well I thought I never was going to. Can you do me a favor?" "Uh sure." "Can you put the blanket on my feet. I don't want a demon snatching me." Lin looks at Korra to see if she was serious, then smiles. "Still the same punk huh?" Lin asked. Korra pouts. "No, I just don't like cold feet and demons."

Her face hardens. "You sure they are locked up?" She asked in a distant tone. Lin nodded moving the blanket over her feet. "Yeah, they are never left unsupervised. Plus they are pretty banged up to move. I'll fill you in on that later." A knock and clicking off the door makes them look in that direction. "Korra it's good to see you're awake. I'm doctor Aiwei. I'm just going to check everything is alright. Chief nice to see you." He says rubbing the sanitizer on his hands. She nods.