Chapter 9

"Mom?"

Jhanvi looked up from her desk to see her son at the door of her study...fidgeting and comprehending whether he could get in.

She got up from her place with a small smile and walked to the door to reach her son.

"Come in Omkara... why are you looking so uncomfortable?"

"I... are you busy?"

"No... I was going through the company's recent tender sheets... I was going to come to you today... I plan to start working for Oberoi corps again" she informed making his son widen his eyes.

He took a minute to grasp on to the news.

What is going on? Did he miss something while he was immersed in his own problems?

"Really?" he asked in hesitation.

Jhanvi smiled "Come... let us go to my room" she said and taking his hand, walked towards their destination.

*************************

The first thing Omkara noticed in his mother's room was an empty liquor cabinet. After all the pain and turmoil his heart endured since the last two days, it was the second sight which made him immensely happy.

"I talked to Dr Dinakar. He said I can get over my addiction... in time" Jhanvi informed and watched the smile grow on her son's face.

"I...mom, how did you..." he fumbled meekly.

"I am sorry Om" she said gently caressing his cheek "I wasn't strong enough for my children.

Omkara took her palm and kissed it gently "No, it was not your fault"

"I know you will say that but I know where I errored and I wish to correct it by all means" she said and he hugged her tight his eyes turning misty.

"I love you Om... more than anything. You have always fought for me and my happiness. Now that I am back to form, I think you should concentrate on your own life" she said, hugging him back.

Omkara parted from her hug his brows knitted in confusion "Why would you say that... I am doing fine."

Jhanvi nodded her head. "Maybe, but you can do better" she said as she walked to her cupboard and brought him a file.

"This?"

"Mr. Mehta had contacted Shivaay a few weeks back when you denied him an exhibition" he said.

"Mom... I am not..."

"Why? You said you are doing good. In that case, this shouldn't be a problem right?"

Omkara sighed looking away when his mother urged "You wanted to talk? Why did you come to me?"

When she got his usual silence as the answer, she made him sit on the bed and sat beside him giving him time.

Minutes went by and none of them spoke a word. Omkara feared to voice out his thoughts to his mother while Jhanvi waited for the same, patiently gently rubbing her son's hand.

His brothers were equally stuck in their own love lives that discussing his problems with them seem to be imposing himself on them. He chose to ignore his thoughts which ran in bizarre directions but commonly ended on one beautiful woman whom he had wronged.

Sure, it had been a while since he talked to his mother but he has been thinking of doing the same, since he was unable to think straight with all that is happening in his life. When Shivaay informed him about his mother's wish to do something for Gauri, he decided to pay her visit.