Chapter 15

Eid mubaarak to all my muslim readers...🥳

May you enjoy the day with your family and friends.

*********************************************

"You know what Gauri, I hate to admit it but your husband surely has magic in his hands," Karan spoke, as he admired one of the paintings in the exhibition he was invited to, along with the Oberoi family.

"I agree Karan ji. Probably, that is the only thing he is good at, other than insulting my sister," Dandi muttered making the former chuckle.

"I can't put into words how much I love your sarcasm Dandi. You are a chill dude," Karan said and got a genuine smile in return.

In the past month, the two have mixed so well that Gauri began to doubt if they really did not know each other until she made the introductions.

Perhaps, their common dislike towards her husband formed the foundation of their bond which only grew stronger by the day.

No need to say, they always had fun bitching about Omkara in every way possible until she rebuked them for the same. Then, they would pretend to be obedient students for a short while before they find a new fault in him to talk bad of him.

"Just see him talk as a perfect gentleman to the media while being a monster at home," Dandi continued to taunt making Gauri sigh in irritation.

"That is enough Dandi bhaiyya, you are..."

"Yeah, you won't agree to anything I say now. You have become blind in your love Gauri, that you are not seeing things as they are," her brother argued.

Karan noticing Gauri's mood change to sour, tried to diffuse the argument.

"Chill Gauri. Leave about us, you cannot make us like him anyway. Tell me about your excitement for tomorrow's trip. One week alone with your Nandi bail is to be seriously taken. Are you equipped with a belt, whip and a pepper spray? I can give you my gun but you are not supposed to shoot. It is illegal," he rambled making her glare at him.

"Exactly, I don't like the idea of you going alone. Can't one of us accompany you sister?" Dandi asked.

"Fine, you talk amongst yourselves, I have had enough for today," she said in give up and turned around to join the rest of the family when Karan pulled her back holding her wrist.

"Okay sorry, no more talks of your husband. I promise," he said in a placating tone and she gave him a doubtful look.

"Sure?"

"Definitely my dear. Dandi, what about you?"

"If it makes her happy then I will shut up."

"See, we only want your happiness," Karan quoted with a dramatic edge making her shake her head with a small smile.

"Waah, kya smile hai baby... I could die for that literally. Are you sure your father isn't a drug dealer because I am already high on you," he flirted and Dandi gagged at once.

"Even for you, that line is way too cliché and cringe worthy," said the latter.

"I think I heard that in some movie. Am I correct or did I miss some words bro?"

"Actually the line is 'Are your parents drug dealers? Cause I'm definitely addicted to what they made'" Dandi corrected and Karan proudly patted him on the shoulder for his knowledge.

Gauri could only gape at the two men as they continued to talk and search for various interesting google quotes to flirt.

After a while of serious discussion when they concluded that ....'Are you Mc Donald's? Cause I'm loving it', outdated while 'Are you Netflix? Because I could watch you for hours'... a newer version of the same, she has had enough.