Chapter 35

"Bhavya, it has been a day since I told you about Sahil. Couldn't you find anything yet?" Gauri asked in tension.

"I am trying Bhabhi, we are not able to pin-point the exact location and if we go for an official search, the kidnappers might panic and harm him," Bhavya explained.

"What do they want? None of them even called for ransom."

"That is what I don't understand. No threat calls, no call for ransom. I am sure that he is kidnapped but we don't know the motive. How is Anika bhabhi?"

"Hell worried. She had a fight with Bade bhaiyya regarding the same."

"I think we have to tell them before the fight turns big. We also must inform them of Karan. Since he has been given a separate assignment, he is no longer coming to the office."

"Why isn't he coming? Did he leave already?"

"We are given three- or four-days relaxation leave before we go for the next task. In that time, we are to study the file of that case and prepare for departure," she informed.

"But do have to tell them of Karan too? Bhavya, why don't you call him once and ask help?"

"No Bhabhi, I am not ready to trust him yet. In fact, I even doubt that he is behind all this."

"What?"

"They wanted to know something about Kalyani mills Bhabhi. They might want to have some leverage to get that information."

"You are forgetting that no one called yet."

"That is the very reason I am suspecting Karan. He knows, what the weak point is, he knows when to pull the trigger and so he will wait for the right moment to put down his deal."

"Bhavya I think..."

"He used the same technique with you Bhabhi. He planned to take you out and informed the commissioner of his absence from duty. You went with him and he stayed quiet until the time he was far away from the mansion, until at least he had a good head start from the place."

"Then he threatened me, saying he will kidnap you if I won't let him talk to you. He knew I was helpless as by the time I could send the force, you will be far from reach. Hell, he even informed Omkara bhaiyya just before he switched off your phone so that he won't panic and become cautious," Bhavya explained her theory.

Gauri watched in helplessness not having any counter argument. She knew Karan was capable of such a thing when he was working with Svetlana but her heart still trusted him that he wouldn't do something so immoral.

How could she convince people with her emotion when they had logic to combat with her?

"We have to tell Shivaay bhaiyya at least. I will come in the evening. Until then I will put in all my attempts to get to Sahil," Bhavya assured and Gauri could only manage to mumble an okay.

****************************************************

"But dad, Svetlana wouldn't have come just to talk to Omkara. She came with a motive and once it was done, she left the mansion on her own. We are missing something here," Shivaay argued with his parent.

Shakti and Tej exchanged looks. They knew the man was right but they too had no idea what to think about the whole thing.

"Are you sure you are not hiding anything Mr. Oberoi?" Omkara asked his father.

"Right, we didn't know anything about this until bhaiyya asked you directly. You even lied to him that you don't remember your employee's name," Rudra questioned.