Chapter 18

Warning: This chapter is purely experimental. You can skip it if you want but don't curse me at the end of it. I did not edit this as I did not feel like reading it again. will do it after reading your comments. It won't make a difference to the story even if you don't know what happens here.

It would be better if your age is 16+... the rest is your choice....

Word count-4k .

**********************************************************

"Gauri!" Omkara worriedly pulled off his seat belt and leaned to her, touching her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked her as he saw her sitting frozen in her seat and staring straight ahead at the deserted road. A buzzing light bulb of the only streetlight that illuminated the place went off and he felt her take a sharp intake of breath.

"Gauri!!" he screamed shaking her a bit and she looked at him, fear evident in her eyes.

"What happened? Why did you scream so loud?" he asked caressing her cheeks which turned cold.

"I.. I saw someone," she mumbled weakly.

"Where?"

She simply lifted her hand and pointed to the road which was now lighted by nothing but the beams coming from the car's headlights. The young moon hid behind the clouds and none of the stars showed up just yet.

Omkara's eyes followed the direction her finger pointed, but other than the bumpy road fenced with wild trees, he couldn't find that someone which seemed to frighten his love.

"You must have imagined it Gauri. We were discussing about ghosts few minutes ago. Just calm down."

She vigorously shook her head in a no.

"I promise I saw someone right there, just before that sound from the car Omkaraji. Please believe me," she said.

Omkara sighed not knowing how to talk her out of the fear. Though his common sense told him of obvious delusion, he didn't have the heart to deny her scared face.

She clearly did see something to appear that shaken.

"Okay, let me take a clear look then," he said and turned away from her to open the car door when she screamed his name again.

"Omkaraji, don't go out, please. I don't feel good about this," she asked, clutching onto his hand.

"I told you there is nothing like ghosts in today's world Gauri. Nothing will happen," he tried to coax her but she shook her head in a no tightening her grip and he sighed saying an okay.

"I will put on some bhajans? Shankarji will take care of us," she said.

At that point he didn't know if he had to be awed at her cuteness or groan at the aspect of having to listen to bhajans until she decided to stop them.

When she probed him again, he reluctantly nodded his head making her proceed to put on the stereo.

***************************************

For the next one hour, Omkara sat trying to appear as involved as her in the worship of her favorite deity.

His relationship with God turned sour from the day his family broke apart yielding to his father's infidelity. His faith withered the moment he realized that the supreme just stared at the chaos in front of him and did not do a thing to bring back peace.

He considered it a great improvement if he calmly listened to his praises and did not explode like before. Of course he did not take the credit for it because he knew it was only because of Gauri and no one else.