Chapter 34

"Bhabhi, are you alright?" Bhavya rushed to Gauri who was sitting leisurely on the table and finishing her drink.

"I am more than okay Bhavya, don't worry," she assured as the former looked at her in worry.

"Where is that bast***? Let me get my hands on him," the angry question came next.

Gauri chuckled as she remembered Karan parting words.

"He went away, didn't he? Smart ass," Bhavya scoffed and Gauri smiled big.

"I knew this wasn't a good idea. I got a heart attack when he took you like that."

"At least we know why he did it," Gauri said.

"Did he tell you?" Bhavya asked when Gauri's phone rang.

"Hello, Omkara ji, I..."

"Where are you Gauri? It is close to three hours that you left home. I got a call from the driver. Maa ji will be reaching soon."

"Sorry, I will come home and explain. Karan ji had to leave for some work, Bhavya came to pick me up."

"Can't he do one thing correctly? He told me he didn't get the reservation of the place you asked for and had to book another. Now he doesn't have the curtesy to drop you home."

"He told you that?"

"Hmmm, he pinged me saying the area has network issues and so you couldn't call me back."

"I am on my way home Omkaraji," she told him and he ended the call with an okay.

Gauri looked at Bhavya and asked, "When did he do all this? He informed Omkaraji that he took me to a different place,"

"No wonder why the commissioner doesn't want to order an enquiry on him until he got proof against him," said Bhavya in irritation.

"You informed the commissioner?"

"And made a fool of myself. He asked me what is so wrong if Karan took you out for lunch. That deuce planned all this well ahead," she said referring to Karan.

"We should talk to him Bhavya, we cannot have him work against us," said Gauri.

"You expect me to trust him after what he did? I cannot work with someone by constantly doubting him Bhabhi. If I give him some work I should be assured that the work will be done and he will not make things worse."

"But,..."

"Let us keep this discussion for another day, for now I will drop you to the mansion and on the way, you tell me what story he cooked up to gain your trust again," said Bhavya and Gauri sighed.

*************************************************

Sharada Sharma was overwhelmed with the welcome she received in her daughter's home. She couldn't help but thank Shankar ji for protecting her daughter, giving her the love and respect, she deserved.

She knew Gauri never left any stone unturned to make sure that her mother was taken care of. Though she never spoke aloud, she always felt that she was her daughter's weakness who constantly burdened her, curbing her chance at a peaceful life and she cursed herself for the same.

Unlucky she was to not have given birth to her girl, who only knew to spread love not caring for her own comfort. It was time that she had her own share of happiness.

As she sat in the living room with her daughter's in-laws and husband, all she prayed from her Shankar ji was that no matter what, Gauri should be a part of the loving family and stay happy all her life.