Chapter 24

"There is a storm brewing at home Taadaka and you tell me that Omkara knows of our scheme? Why can't you be more careful?" Kalyani scolded her friend.

"I thought he will wait at the car. I was just about to leave from there when he heard us. Sheer bad luck."

"Fine, at least they are married now. You have taken their pictures right?"

"Yeah. I could manage a few after we came home. He is angry with me," Taadaka said with sadness.

"Omkara's anger is short lived Taadaka. It is difficult to control him once he is at peaks but he will calm down soon. Don't worry about it. I have other issues to worry about. Send me the pictures, I will ask Shivaay to speed up the marriage registration process," she instructed.

"Kalyani,...." Taadaka stressed doubtfully.

"What is it?"

"You are not repeating the same mistake you did with Tej and Jhanvi right? You were so adamant on them not taking divorce saying they still loved each other. Look at what that did to Omkara."

"I agree I was wrong then Taadaka but Omkara is not Tej. I trust my grandsons with my life. They will never wrong their wives. Mujhpe nahi to unpe bharosa rakho," Kalyani reassured when Taadaka heard a knock on the door.

"Seems like Gauri came, I will talk to you tomorrow," she said.

"Are you sure you cannot make Om stay for a bit longer, things are not okay at home and I doubt how he will cope if he comes back now. Shivaay also isn't home, he will be back by the weekend," Kalyani asked again.

"I tried Kalyani but he is adamant on returning," Taadaka confirmed and Kalyani sighed.

"Okay then, good night," she wished and ended the call.

Taadaka opened the door of her room and welcomed Gauri inside.

Her swollen eyes told her that she had been crying but the bright smile she had on her face was so contrasting that she doubted her observation.

"Are you alright?" she asked and soon chuckled when the latter hugged her happily.

"Kyaa baat hai? Itni khushi. Pata hota to pehle hi na karwadeti tum dono ki shaadi.( You seem to be so happy. Had I known earlier, I would have got you married sooner.) There wasn't need of so much drama then," she said and Gauri parted with a frown.

"Means?"

Damn... she should keep her mouth in check.

"Uh.. means.. Omkara wasn't agreeing to the idea right. I was talking about that. Anyways you are happy now that is all that matters to me. Come sit," Taadaka quickly said making her sit on her bed and settled beside her.

"Now tell me," she said in excitement.

"Tell what?"

"Your love story," she said making Gauri widen her eyes.

"You don't know?"

"Well, no one seems to know everything. Kalyani knows a few bits and Jhanvi knows a few. I want to know the rest," she asked with a smile.

"Daadi ji, but why now, everything is going good," she tried to refrain from recollecting memories which might dampen her mood.

"Why? I want to know the complete story. Won't you tell me?" she asked with a pout making her sigh.

"And yeah, tell me the truth even if it is bad."

"I didn't understand."

"Kalyani said Omkara was a bit wrong and you had minor differences."