Chapter 38

"Blue or white Bhaujai?" Gauri asked the newly wed bride who was getting ready for a small house party.

The wedding proceedings had been tiring to the entire family as they started late and had to get things done in a short time span.

Unlike the first time, Shivaay and Anika's wedding took place in a small cosy ceremony amongst close family members and relatives. The guests for the wedding reception on the other hand were business partners and the director board of the Oberois empire, who have been faithful to the team since its inception.

Three weeks flew by unnoticed and the family decided to spend some time together after all the work to relax and groove.

It was evening time and the girl gang dressed together, chit chatting on lesser dramatic issues. Movies and celebrity crushes being the favourite topic of the three.

Anika chose a sky-blue netted saree while Bhavya choose a maroon Anarkali for the day. Gauri on the other hand was still in double mind as to which garment to wear.

Her options were a white lacy saree with a classy cream blouse adored with floral embroidery and a blue georgette saree with a contrasting block printed red blouse.

"White," both Anika and Bhavya screamed in unison.

"Ummm.. isn't the blouse too revealing?" Gauri muttered fingering the cloth unsurely when the other two rolled their eyes.

"We aren't even going out bhabhi. Sab humare apne hai. Shivaay bhiayya will be occupied in admiring his wife and Rudra will flirt with me. Omkara bhaiyya will be the only one who will have eyes reserved for you," said Bhavya and Anika shrugged.

"She is right Gauri and for your information. It isn't that revealing. It just gives a good view of your back. You can cover it up if you keep your hair open," suggested Anika.

"Hmmm, I am more worried about maa. She will not like me wearing a sleeveless," Gauri said.

"Sharada maa ko mein mana lungi. Don't worry for that," her sister-in-law assured.

Gauri grinned thanking her, before she picked up her costume.

*********************************

"Both my bhaiyyas have become parayaa dhan," Rudra screamed in outrage making the rest of the family giggle at the tantrum.

"What is wrong with you Rudy," Omkara rebuked his brother.

"Since the past fifteen minutes I have been rambling non-stop about my favourite musical show. You both haven't listened to a thing and have been staring at the stairs to get a look of your wives," he accused.

"Shut up Rudy," his brothers rubbished him.

"They will come in a bit, don't act like desperate men. Maintain some family etiquette here. Will you?"

"When did we not listen to you? We were listening," Shivaay lied to avoid being teased by his family.

Omkara on the other hand kept mum though he nodded his head to agree with his brother.

"Acha, then tell me who is the singer I have been talking about?" Rudra tested.

Shivaay and Omkara exchanged looks before they replied with a confidant smile, "Lucky Ali. "

"Is that correct Rudy?" Jhanvi asked with a smile.

"Yes mom but that was easy. They know my favourite singer."

"How can you say that? Will you talk only of him and no one else? You also like other pop singers," Shivaay said.

"Exactly, you were talking about Ed Sheeran coming to a Mumbai tour just yesterday. We did not take his name," Omkara said.