Chapter 47

The last lecture for the day ended and Gauri was in a foul mood. As if that was not enough, her new friends who were not aware of her state of mind, continued to pester her.

"I am extremely sorry for what happened yesterday Gauri," Mithila apologized again.

"You have apologized enough Mithila ji. Misunderstandings happen."

Her new friend still seemed unconvinced and glanced at Himani who was looking at Gauri with a bright smile on her face.

"I should have cross checked. Arjun sir told that his wife is thinking of joining in the institute and when he was being friendly with you, I assumed you were the one. Also your name..."

"Yeah, you told me that too. Now can we leave it at that? Omkara ji is not upset anymore," Gauri tried to reassure.

"But he appeared livid. Are you sure he calmed down in such a short time?" Mithila asked in doubt.

"Absolutely, she must have made it up to him," Gauri heard Himani say with a smirk, staring at the fresh mark on her neck.

Gauri quickly adjusted her scarf and mentally scolded her husband, as she heard her new friends banter.

"Don't you think before you speak Himani?"

"I speak the truth."

"Shut up."

"What a man he is. Omkara Singh Oberoi," Himani tried to mimic, making the wife frown.

"Hot, hot and hot intro I would say. You got yourself a damn good husband."

"God, this girl. Did your manners die? You are talking about her husband."

"I was complimenting him."

"That sounded like something else."

"Well, that is in your head oldie."

"Who did you call OLD?"

"You are old, boring and..."

"Okay, stop it you two," Gauri scolded having had enough and first turned to the elder one amongst them.

"Mithila ji, I promise Omkara ji will not hold a grudge against you. You please don't keep it in your mind," she assured.

Then turning to the other one, she passed her a glare.

"I am extremely delighted that you are talking to me like a long lost friend unlike your arrogant self yesterday but you better drop that dreamy tone when you talk about my husband."

Mithila chuckled as Himani raised her eyebrows at the warning.

"The girl got some spice in her Mithu, I like this one," said Himani making the other two roll their eyes.

"Oh, thanks for your flattering remark," Gauri said with sarcasm and gasped when the former kissed her cheek.

Giving her a smile, Himani bid a bye to both of the women and sauntered away.

As Gauri continued to stare at her back, Mithila laughed and explained.

"She is a very impulsive girl Gauri."

"But a kiss? I hardly know her."

"Doesn't matter to her. She seemed to like you too much."

"Shankar ji, ajeeb log hai yaha."

Her friend laughed while she shook her head and started dumping the books in her bag, ready to go to the library and meet her mentor.

*****************************************************************************