Chapter 17

The love interests of the three Oberoi brothers watched in confusion, as the trio fought with words over something. They just reached in time to find them unusually arguing and tried to gets bits of information from the conversation.

"Shivaay this is too much. I haven't drove for that long. It is exhausting, let me take Khanna with me," Omkara asked tiredly.

"Nope.. Khanna mera hai," Shivaay said at once earning gasps from the entire household.

"Shivaay?" Anika screamed in heart break while Gauri and Bhavya giggled.

"Umm.. mera matlab hai... There is lot to be taken care of here, we have to plan a wedding. I need Khanna with me for help," he explained and she sighed relieved.

"But Shivaay, we have to travel for twelve hours. I cannot drive and you..."

"Who asked you to drive in one day, take breaks in between, I will book you some good hotels in the way. You and Gauri can both rest in one cozy room," he said earning another gasp from his sister.

"Bhaiyya?... uhh... Why to waste so much money? Send someone to help Omkara ji," she supported her husband praying that they listened to her.

The more time alone with him, the greater she is at risk to shamble.

"See, I told you she won't like it," Omkara said and the brothers rolled their eyes.

"Gauri we have a shortage of drivers today. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested this," Shivaay said making her pout.

"No problem, you can help him yourself. You said you drove a bulldozer. Car is just any normal vehicle. I am sure you are smart enough for that," Rudra baited.

"U...Haa, but..."

"No more buts, you should start now otherwise you will be delayed more. Come, give me your suitcase," he said allowing no more arguments and dragged her towards the car.

Omkara stared at the bickering two, before he turned to his elder brother and whispered.

"What is all this Shivaay. Is this necessary?"

"Where is my romantic shaayar brother? You have opportunity and you don't utilize it."

"This isn't some movie Shivaay, she will be uncomfortable and I don't want it."

"Good, then drive for twelve hours and for that you need to start now. Go!!" he pushed him forwards.

"God!! you have become a sadist," Omkara grumbled before taking walking ahead.

**************************************************************************

Omkara looked at the watch and at Gauri, who silently looked out of the window. She seemed to be unusually quiet that day and he wanted to know why.

They haven't talked with each other since the exhibition and he feared if she too felt that he didn't want to spell out her name and so took another turn to dodge the question.

"Gauri" he called her after clearing his throat.

"Hmm," she said, not turning to him.

"I... We did not talk about yesterday," he said in a low voice and she decided to give him her attention.

"Are you angry at me?"

"For what?"

Omkara sighed. "You know what I am talking about Gauri."

"Really? I don't know Omkaraji. What are we talking about and why are we talking about it. It doesn't make any difference anymore," she replied tartly before returning to what she had been doing before.