•yule ball-pt 2•

When the doors swung open, all the champions and their dates walked in accordingly. Each had to take positions for the traditional opening dance.

When the music started, Ophelia and Harry started gliding, though clearly not as smoothly as Hermione and Viktor. Viktor himself wasn't a great dancer, but Hermione was beyond perfection. As more and more people joined in on the dancing, Harry and Ophelia seemed to get more comfortable and better.

Though, after the first song both Ophelia and Harry were bored of the fancy dancing and decided to sit down with Ron while they waited for the better music to play.

"Ron please tell me you brought my sneakers?" Ophelia groaned, sitting down at the table next to Ron. "Rita got her stupid photos now I have no more desire to wear these heels.

Harry laughed as he sat down next to Ophelia and leaned back in his chair. They both seemed to notice something was off with Ron when he simply pulled out the sneakers but didn't move his head or say anything in response.

He was clearly staring at Hermione and Viktor, who were still dancing together.

"Maybe I should've won that stupid bet." Ophelia whispered to Harry before leaning forward and lightly tapping Ron's arm. "You alright Ron?"

Ron glanced to his side at Harry and Ophelia. He didn't even seem to care about the fact Ophelia was in a dress; it would've usually been a huge thing to him, but he was clearly focused on other things.

"He is way too old for her." Ron grunted, clearly talking about Krum. "Why did she go with HIM."

Ophelia glanced to Harry and shrugged before turning back to Ron.

"Maybe because he asked her first." Ophelia said. "I mean you could've-"

Ron cut her off.

"That's completely beside the point." Ron snarled before getting up and storming off. He was never like this, what got into him.

Ophelia leaned back in her chair and slid off her high heels casually, trying to ignore the fact that Ron was being a complete asshole. She slipped on her sneakers quickly when she heard the music change to something more upbeat; it seemed to be party music. She had heard rumours that Fred and George would be in charge of some of the music.

Ophelia glanced to Harry and smiled.

"You didn't last very long in heels." Harry laughed.

"I last longer in tougher conditions." Ophelia teased, leaning down from behind Harry's chair and kissing his neck once. "I'll stop being gross now though."

Ophelia laughed as she walked away, knowing damn well that Harry was blushing behind her. Sometimes, Ophelia missed the days where her and Harry acted more like bestfriends than boyfriend and girlfriend, but she had zero doubts that he was the one for her. She was in love with Harry Potter, and things were still very comfortable between them all the time, so she was happy that them dating hadn't ruined the friendship.

They were like bestfriends, just in love with each other. That's how it always should've been.

~

For majority of the night, Ophelia danced with Hermione, and sometimes with Harry. Though, her feet were sore by the time it was 10:00. Nobody was ready to stop though.

She was now dancing with Hermione and Ginny in the middle of the dance floor. People were standing around dancing, but mainly watching the three as they swayed. Everybody looked happy, and Harry seemed quite happy to see his 3 girl bestfriends, one his girlfriend, having fun.