•the second task•

A week after New Years, classes were back in. It had been awhile since then, and everybody could evidently tell that the work was becoming more chaotic each day. Ophelia spent hours studying for several different units while also trying to balance her relationship with Harry. Luckily, they had no issue staying healthy through all the stress.

Harry himself had even more stress than everyone else. He had figured out the song of the egg, but couldn't find a way to breath under water. Since it was the day of the second task, everyone, including Hermione and Ron was panicking.

Ophelia leaned back in her chair in the library, watching Harry flip through the books in a terrifying pattern. He was clearly worried he would drown; he wasn't the best swimmer either.

"Harry you'll be alright." Ophelia whispered, rubbing his back and glaring back at Ron, who was going on about how Harry was bound to die in the black lake.

Ophelia seemed to be the only one calm at the moment. Harry was more concentrated than panicked, but he was still evidently worried; though, Ron and Hermione bickering in the background didn't help.

"I'm running out of time." Harry sighed, clearly losing hope. He turned to Ophelia and gripped her hand lightly. "There's no way I can figure it out."

"Harry you'll figure it out." Hermione encouraged him. "I just can't remember where I read the charm to breathe underwater!"

"Great time to forget Hermione." Ron scoffed, flipping through a book angrily.

"Well I am the one who remembers most of the time am I not?" Hermione snapped back, slamming her book shut.

Ophelia glanced up from Harry's hand and looked at Hermione and Ron. She sat there silently as the two bickered on and on. She wanted to say something, for Harry's sake of course, but she also felt like ignoring it would be the smart thing to do.

Ophelia turned her head to Harry and gave him a weak smile. He gave her one back before looking up as McGonagall entered the room.

"I need the Grangers in my office now please." McGonagall announced, looking to both Hermione and Ophelia.

"Now?" Hermione said in disbelief. Ophelia just sat there with her mouth parted open. She couldn't leave Harry NOW.

"Yes right now." McGonagall repeated, staring at Hermione and Ophelia.

Hermione glanced at Harry once before walking out of the library with professor McGonagall.

"Ophelia!" Hermione yelled, causing Ophelia to jump up from her seat.

Ophelia looked down at Harry and kissed him gently before leaning to his ear.

"You've got this Harry." Ophelia whispered. "You're the best wizard I know."

Ophelia leaned away and walked to the exit of the library. She gave Harry one more smile and walked out with Hermione at her side. The two followed McGonagall a short distance behind, talking in a whisper as they did.

"Why does she need us?" Ophelia whispered, glancing down at her feet as she walked.

"No idea." Hermione replied in a whisper. "I bet it has something to do with the task though.

The two stepped into the office to see Cho and what seemed to be Fleur Delacours little sister. They were both sitting at the desk in a row of 4 chairs.

Ophelia and Cho looked at each other quickly, both unsure of what was going on.

"I will be back in a moment. Take a seat in the remaining chairs please." McGonagall said, shutting her office door after she walked out.