•cracked•

Everything took awhile to sink in.

Dumbledore gave his speech about Cedrics death. Ophelia didn't listen; she couldn't physically force herself to listen.

She didn't cry. Nor did she grow angry. She would just gaze into the distance. Everybody in the castle was treating Ophelia as a firecracker that could explode at any second, which annoyed her even more.

Cedric Diggory. She had lost her bestfriend less than a week ago and she had no idea how she would get herself out of this hole of grief. Hermione, Harry and Ron spent a lot of their time trying to talk with Ophelia and make her smile, though her and Harry just laid in silence for the first few days, just holding each other. Harry wasn't nearly as close to Cedric as Ophelia was, but he had seen so many things in the graveyard that it didn't matter. Harry was still shooken up.

Now, it was the day they'd leave hogwarts. All the students were crowding on the train, some talking and some walking silently. Ophelia and Hermione followed in behind Harry and Ron until they found themselves in an empty compartment. They each sat down, Hermione and Ron chatting and trying to include Harry and Ophelia.

Harry was talking a lot more. He took this whole situation much better than Ophelia. She smiled and talked but it was obvious to her friends she was in pain; nobody was sure if other people could tell just how much pain she was in though.

"You're all coming to the burrow this summer right?" Ron asked, stuffing a chocolate frog into his mouth.

"Of course." Ophelia smiled. Hermione looked uncertain.

Hermione glanced to Harry, who was sitting next to Ophelia. She stared at them, Ophelia's head rested on Harry's shoulder and her hand clearly holding his below the table. Despite all of Ophelia's pain, she still put making sure harry is alright above anything else.

"We can try." Hermione said finally, glancing back to Ron. Ophelia raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

Ron and Hermione continued to talk for a moment. Both Ophelia and Harry listened, though Ophelia was half asleep on Harry's shoulder.

"How're you feeling?" Ophelia whispered to Harry, causing him to glance at her.

"Alright." Harry sighed quietly. "He's going to come back for me again."

Ophelia shuffled closer to Harry and smiled.

"Too bad he's no match for you." Ophelia joked, causing Harry to let out a chuckle and smile slightly.

"If only." Harry laughed, glancing out the window again.

Ophelia smiled as she leaned her head on Harry's shoulder again. She was glad he was taking everything alright.

"Ron and I are going to talk to Fred and George." Hermione said, getting up from her seat. Ron slid out behind her. "We'll be back."

The two walked away, leaving Harry and Ophelia in the compartment alone.

"What if he goes for you?" Harry asked, looking to Ophelia.

"Hm?" Ophelia mumbled, sitting up and leaning against the wall to look at Harry.

"Voldemort." Harry sighed. "What if he hurts you because you're close to me?"

Ophelia gripped Harry's hand lightly.

"You don't have to be worried about me." Ophelia smiled. "Remember, I'll always be by your side anyways."

Harry smiled slightly, leaning forward and kissing Ophelia lightly. She placed her hand on his neck before kissing back as she ran her thumb along his cheek.

"And I'll always be by yours." Harry replied, kissing her cheek and leaning back in his seat again, just as ron and Hermione came back.

"We're here." Hermione smiled, grabbing her stuff from her seat.

Harry and Ophelia sighed, realizing they would be spending over half the summer apart. They both slipped out of their chairs and walked through the compartments and out of the train. Ron and Hermione followed behind, talking loudly about quidditch or such.

"Write to me everyday?" Ophelia asked, turning to Harry the second she saw her parents.

"Of course Ophelia." Harry smiled, rubbing his thumb on her cheek.

Ophelia smiled before quickly kissing Harry and running off to her parents. She could hear Hermione saying goodbye to Harry from the distance behind her.

~

The car ride to their house was a long drive. Ophelia and Hermione sat in silence, not knowing what to say.

Cedric Diggory was dead.

Lord Voldemort was back.

Nothing was okay, but they had to pretend it was.

Their mother tried to make small talk throughout the drive, hoping it would brighten Hermione and Ophelia's mood, but it just wasn't the same.

Even as Ophelia stepped into her own home, she still didn't feel at peace.

Everything was dimmer. Her head hurt from thinking about Cedric and how Harry was in danger. She was hurting overall. Not only was she in pain, but she was also scared. Ophelia feared what would come next; would her or Hermione be in danger next year? And what about Ron? There was no doubt Harry was in danger, but they were all close with Harry, meaning their lives were at risk.

"Ophelia," Hermione spoke softly, noticing her sister standing blankly in the door way of her room. "I brought your bag up."

Ophelia glanced up at hermione, finally letting all the pressure get to her. Her eyes were full of tears; she wanted to be strong, but it was breaking her.

"Why him?" Ophelia breathed.

"Ophelia.." Hermione whispered, clearly unsure of how to comfort her sister.

"He didn't deserve that!" Ophelia yelled, a tear rolling down her face. "He was my bestfriend Hermione."

Ophelia leaned back against the wall, staring down at the ground. She didn't mean to yell at Hermione. She just couldn't keep it in anymore.

"You're right." Hermione whispered, walking in front of her sister.

"I'm never going to feel the same." Ophelia trembled.

Hermione, tears growing in her eyes, wrapped her arms around Ophelia tightly, pulling her into a hug.

Ophelia completely broke down, crying into hermiones shoulder. Her heart was aching; it had just sank in for her that Cedric was really gone.

Ophelia gripped hermiones shirt as she bit her lip to muffle her cry.

"Everything's going to be alright." Hermione whispered, rubbing Ophelia's back. "It will."

So they stood there, Ophelia breaking right in front of Hermione. It took about 30 minutes before Ophelia was calmed enough to lay down and just relax. Hermione ended up watching a movie with Ophelia, in attempt to comfort her.

Ophelia had a long year coming.

(Authors note)
Sorry I haven't written in awhile! I've been insanely busy, especially with school. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter though <3