•candle lit•

For the whole week after the second task all of gryffindor was cheering on Harry for his amazing points. Gryffindor seemed to be the only house that was happy with it actually; all the slytherins continued to wear the "potter stinks" stickers all the way through the year, and the hufflepuff's were angry. They all believed Cedric deserved a fair run. Ravenclaw even seemed upset sometimes.

Harry spent majority of his time glaring at people. Most of them would make rude comments and some would even bring up Ophelia, but those didn't last very long after Harry jinxed one of them.

~

"I am so fucking fed up with the slytherins." Harry snapped, slamming the common room door as he stormed in.

Ophelia, Ron and Hermione looked over at him at the same time; Ron and Ophelia were playing wizards chess and Hermione was reading per usual.

"What'd they do this time?" Ophelia asked, moving a chess piece but patting the couch next to her so that Harry could sit down.

Harry stormed over, throwing his bag to the ground and sitting down next to Ophelia. He glanced at the game of wizards chess for a moment before snapping back into reality.

Harry continued to sit silently with his fists clenched, causing all of the others to look at him again. Hermione put down her book and stared at his fists for a moment.

"Harry?" Ron asked again. "What'd they do?"

Ophelia looked to her side at Harry, realizing he was clearly thinking.

"You know you can-" Ophelia began, but Harry cut her off.

"It's fine guys, nevermind." He scoffed, standing up and rushing up the stairs to his dorm.

The three sat silently for a moment, all completely confused and speechless. Ophelia looked down at Harry's bag that he had left and sighed.

"I should go talk to him." Ophelia said, picking up Harry's bag and jogging up the stairs.

She walked through the long hallway of the boys dorms, the backpack swaying as she held it. She ran her finger along the wall as she walked up to his dorm and lightly knocked before slowly opening the door. The room was dimly lit and the window was open. It was nearly 10:00pm, so it was dark outside. The only thing that lit the room was the candles.

"You forgot your bag." Ophelia said softly, turning her head around the door but not stepping into the dorm.

"Thanks just put it on my bed." Harry said, without even looking back at Ophelia. He was sitting and staring out the window.

Ophelia walked in slowly, placing the bag on the bed but not looking away from Harry. He was wearing grey sweatpants and his grey and black hoodie.

Still staring at Harry, she walked towards the door and shut it without leaving. Harry looked back, bit his lip and then looked out the window again. That was a good sign; he didn't tell Ophelia to leave.

She lightly walked over to the spot Harry was sitting and sat next to him, staring out the window with him. She ran her finger along his hand that was rested on the window cell, tracing shapes on the back of it as she did.

"You know, I'm so tired Ophelia." Harry began quietly. "I'm so tired of always being picked on for things that aren't my fault. I'm so tired of the people I love getting picked on because they're friends with me."

Ophelia looked up from Harry's hand and to his face, realizing he was on the verge of tears. She rested her hand on top of his, continuing to listen.

"I'm tired." Harry breathed, looking out the window again. "I'm angry. I can't breathe."

Ophelia bit her lip slowly, staring at Harry. He genuinely looked exhausted. School was killing him. The tournament was killing him. Everybody else was killing him. He looked exhausted, but Ophelia knew him. She knew he deserved a better life. Yet when she tried to form the million words she had in her head, she couldn't.

"I know Harry." Ophelia spoke softly. "And you deserve so much better. So much."

Harry turned and looked at Ophelia, a tear running down his cheek. Ophelia brought her hand up to his cheek and wiped it gently with her thumb.

"It hurts Ophelia." Harry whispered, staring into Ophelia's eyes as his watered.

"It's going to." Ophelia replied, rubbing her thumb on Harry's cheek. "But you always make it out. You're incredibly strong like that."

He took a deep breath, placing his hand on Ophelia's thigh as she sat with him.

"Have you heard what they're saying?" He asked.

Ophelia shook her head slowly, raising an eyebrow.

"Well," Harry sighed, trying to keep in tears. "They say everything I touch slowly dies. They say just like my parents, you're going to die because of me."

"You know that isn't true Harry." Ophelia whispered. Harry looked away.

"Malfoy said it would be better that way." Harry said, his voice breaking. "If you died. Like my parents did."

That was shocking news for Ophelia. The slytherins really had been giving him a hard time. She felt horrible for him. He looked truly broken over whatever had happened; she didn't even care Malfoy said it would be better if she died, she was more upset and angry with his comments about Harry's parents.

"Nothing you touch slowly dies Harry. You're one of the most incredible, loving, caring, brilliant, and genuine people I know. You make people happy everyday." Ophelia breathed. Harry looked at her. "I couldn't live without you, and neither could anyone else who knows you. Those foul slytherins can shut their filthy mouths."

Harry leaned in quickly, pressing his lips against Ophelia's. She quickly kissed back, keeping her hand along the edge of his cheek. This kiss was delicate and passionate. It wasn't desperate, it wasn't rough.

As he pulled away, he smiled lightly.

"Thank you." Harry whispered.

"Only spoke the truth." Ophelia chuckled lightly, standing up and waving her wand, turning on the radio.

Harry glanced over his shoulder and chuckled when he heard the slow dancing music.

"We never got to." Ophelia smiled, brightening the mood.

She pulled Harry up, wrapping her arms around his neck. He wrapped his hands around her waist as they started to sway in the dimly lit room. If he was going to be alright, Ophelia Granger would be the reason why.

The two swayed, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. Even if they were both in sweatpants and sweatshirts, or even if they were dressed in fancy dresses and suits, it didn't matter as long as they were together. This past 7 months had been the best of their lives. Had they gone too fast? Had they gone too slow? They didn't care.

"You really make my life worth living Harry." Ophelia whispered, melting into Harry's arms as they swayed. She leaned her head into his shoulder and chest, allowing him to rest his chin on her head.

They were made for each other. Every second they thought of each other. There were no words to explain how Harry and Ophelia felt in this moment.

Neither wanted to let go. They were with the person they loved the most, yet couldn't say it. The two continued to sway, just simply listening to the music and each other's heart beat, with no fear of when it would stop, or what would happen in the next few years.

As the song ended, ophelia looked up at Harry and smiled. He smiled at her before leaning down and kissing her softly. She kissed back, softly and gently, yet with the most passion she had in awhile.

When they pulled away, they locked eyes. Both wanted to say the words, but neither could. They would mean it if they did say it, but neither could get the words out.

"This has been the best 7 months of my life." Harry whispered.

"And more to come." Ophelia whispered.

As the two stood there swaying slowly, nothing mattered. Life was going to get harder, but they would be fine if they had each other.