nine

The hardest thing Bethany had to do was leave Cara behind. She loved bonding with her just like Emmett, but one thing she could do was write about it to. Rosalie. Bethany thought of an easier way of feeling more like she had her sister with her was writing to her. Something she will share with Cara as she got older.

Dear Rosalie,

Carlisle did the most wonderful thing for me and Emmett. We have adopted a human baby girl named Cara Lillian Cullen. When I have some spare time, I will take her to your grave and tell her all the wonderful stories about my sister. The life you got, the love you deserved, and the chance to have everything you once told me.

I got the love I deserved. Emmett keeps a smile on my face, as you can possibly tell, and then there is our little miracle. I never thought about adopting, but Emmett knew what I wanted in life. The chance of being a mother.

I got that chance yesterday when Carlisle came home and explained everything to me. I feel sorry for Cara as she will never know her real mother, but I hope that doesn't change the bond we have going.

I hear Cara crying and this will be the last I write for now.

Love,

Bethany.

Bethany stood up and walked away from her desk to her daughter's bassinet. "There's my angel." She said making Cara stop crying as she saw her mother's face. "I know you would be hungry and I have your bottle right over here."

Emmett walked in from hunting to hear his mate and smiled as he knew she was going to be a force to reckon with to get her to school. "Baby."

"Hey."

"We have school." Emmett said as he kissed Bethany's head and Cara's. "Esme will keep an eye on her while we're gone."

Bethany sighed as she looked at Cara. The first thing she wanted to do was be a good role model for her daughter. "Let her finish this and then we can go."

Emmett nodded with a smile and looked beside her to see a letter written to Rosalie. He smiled as he was glad Bethany was going to do this for their daughter.
~~~
Bethany and Emmett smiled as they walked through the halls. their day seemed to be going fast. The juniors trip was canceled all because of the accident. "Tyler is going around making everyone know that Bella is going to prom with him."

"I thought she told him no."

"Men don't listen when they are busy trying to get in the new girl's pants." Bethany said. "We have seen this happen more than once. New girls are expected to be easier targets, but it seems like Bella doesn't care for them. Just Edward. I have to give her some pointers there."

"What have you done to my Bethany?"

"Nothing." Bethany tells him. "I'm still the same me, but I will point out a good side of someone and she only has her mind set on one person, even if she is curious."

"Just give it time and who knows, you may like her."

"I'm trying to not think like Rosalie because I'm nothing like her. I can focus on being me instead. Edward can make his own choice cause I made mine." She said looking at Emmett. "And I'll never regret the day I begged Carlisle to turn you."

Emmett kissed her making her smile. "Just take all the time you need to warm up to Bella." He tells her. "I know you want Edward to be happy and to have someone, but you are nothing like your sister."

"I'm sure if she had this life. She would be a bitch and envy." Bethany said as she leaned against the wall. "I'm Bethany, the girl who only held envy." She looked at Emmett and smiled. "I know that later on I will grow a little to Bella, but right now, she is making a big mistake."

"That she is."