ten

Bethany smiled as she held her daughter as she slept. Cara was special and she knew it. Emmett walked in and kissed her head making her look up. "Hey." She whispered as Emmett took Cara to her crib. "How was hunting?"

"Good till Edward showed up complaining about Bella's trip to the Rez." He said. "I think that if he can't tell her, then let them."

Bethany laughed and walked over to him as he laid Cara down. Emmett felt arms wrap around him making him look down at her. "Just know that its his choice. I may not like it because she is human and deserves to grow old and die like normal humans instead of being frozen in time." She said as she moved her hands up and down his arms. "I don't regret this life, but I wish to have been with my sister to."

"I know, but everything is better. You have me and Cara."

"That's all I could ask for." She tells him as he kissed her.

Bethany smiled as he carried her away. Once they reached their room, it was just them.
~~~
Sun decided to come out the next school day, which made Bethany and Emmett excited. They get to be with their daughter. "Where's Cara?" Esme asked.

"Tummy time." She said as she looked at Cara and Emmett. "And Emmett decided to join."

Esme smiled as she hugged her. "Does this make you happy?"

"I love every minute of it." She said as she looked at Esme. "I may not be human to have any more children, but Cara is a blessing to us and I wouldn't give her back."

"I'm glad your happy."

Bethany nodded as she looked back at Emmett and Cara. She could wait to hear her first words, taking her first steps, everything that Bethany couldn't wait for was worth waiting as she gets to watch her daughter grow up and make her decision if she wants to be turned.

She walked over and wrapped her arms around Emmett making him look at her. "What?"

"Nothing." She said as she saw Cara looking at them. "Someone looks sleepy."

"Yeah."

"Its normal for newborns. Well baby's this age. They won't stop sleeping till about 4 months some half way through their 4 month period." Bethany said. "Then we get to hear her laugh and try to talk."

"She'll say daddy first."

Bethany smiled as she didn't care as she gets to hear those first words. Feeling Emmett kiss her head had her looking at him. "What?"

"You're finally a mother you told me that you wished you could be and now it happened." He tells her. "You're an amazing mother and I have two beautiful girls. You and my little princess."

"Wait till she starts dating." Alice said. "She meets someone that Bethany has heard all her life."

Bethany looked at her with a questioning look making Jasper laugh. "The Ripper."

Bethany's eyes widened at the name. "No one knows who he is." She said. "I don't know him, but I know those deaths that involved the heads being ripped off was something else and not an animal."

"He won't hurt.."

"No." Alice said. "There's something special about Cara that he can't harm her and night walkers don't have mates, but he just couldn't hurt her."

Bethany looked at Emmett. "For once, I would kill for Edward's mind reading."

"Same." Emmett says as he looked back to see Cara asleep. He got up just as Bethany picked her up and carried her up to her room. "Alice, can you not hide the future from us. We want to be ready to keep Cara safe."

"I know and I will. I just won't tell her much of it." Alice said as she skipped off.

The sun was setting as Bethany walked to the window to close the curtain. Tomorrow, Bella Swan will know the truth and there is no turning back now.