twenty two

The phone kept ringing to the point Emmett destroyed their phones. They enjoyed Mystic Falls even though they aren't out much. Liz comes by to see Cara and them.

Bethany sat on the porch as a storm hit causing her to smile. They could go out. Cara was sound asleep and Emmett was hunting. "Beth?" She looked up to see her brother.

"Jasper? What brings you by?" She asked as she walked out in the rain to hug him.

"Alice is so determined on Bella and Edward. I sometimes think Bella is Alice's mate." He tells her as they walked onto the porch.

"I kind of figured."

"Victoria's back."
~~~
When Emmett came back, he saw Jasper holding Cara. "What's going on?"

"I came to stay with you two." He states. "I'm starting to think Alice isn't my mate anymore."

Bethany walked in with a bottle to give to Jasper. She looked at her husband and sighed. "Alice is so obsessed with Bella that we believe that Alice's mate is Bella. She hasn't even noticed Jasper left. No call, no nothing." She says sitting down. "I called and told Liz that my brother is here, but in reality, he isn't. I told her your name. She's a vampire hunter, but with us, she knows we won't harm no one."

"That's right." Emmett says. "What did she say?"

"That it's sad that someone you love never paid attention to you as she's so obsessed with a human obsessed with being turned." Bethany tells them. "One day, Jasper will meet someone and she will be one of a kind."

Jasper smiled as he looked at his niece. "I think for now, I'll stay here till you three leave. I'll go with you guys."

Bethany and Emmett nodded as this moment was coming. Wherever they go, Jasper will be with them. Neither of them wants to go back and if it keeps Cara safe a little while longer, then it works for them. For now, Mystic Falls seems like a wonderful place for them to stay at. Jasper stood up and carried Cara upstairs to lay her in her crib so he can unpack. Bethany looked at Emmett smiling sadly. "I hate he is going through this, but she needs to pick. Bella or Jasper and it looks like Bella."

"It does, but he has us." He says. "I think once Cara is old enough to stay with Liz for awhile, Jasper can keep a check on her, but till now, all three of us will be here to keep her safe."

Bethany nodded as Emmett sat down beside her. She leaned against his chest thinking about the rippah. Will he keep Cara safe?

Still don't know when this book will be completed, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. Till next time.