thirteen

Dear Liz,
My name is Bethany Hale-Cullen and my husband's name is Emmett. I am writing you to inform that your niece was adopted by us. We hated that she lost her mother at child birth, but when we learnt she had an aunt, we had to reach out and contact you. Your niece's name is Cara Lillian Cullen. I have a picture of the three of us and I am hoping that we could meet.

Thank you,
Bethany.

Emmett smiled as he watched Bethany put the small letter in the envelope and a picture of them with Cara. "You are reaching out."

"We may be her parents, but she has rights to know her family." She tells him as she looked at him. "She can't know we're vampires, but we will have to tell Cara that she can't tell no one about us."

"Of course."

The couple looked at their daughter and smiled. Cara may never know about her mother, but she will know who her other family is.
~~~
The hardest thing Emmett had to do was leave behind his mate and daughter. A storm was coming and they didn't want Cara getting sick. Bethany smiled as she saw her daughter and smiled. "When I was human, I had this big dream that I would find love and have a child, but that changed." She said as Cara's blue eyes looked at her. "A horrible accident ruined everything, till I met your father."

Emmett walked in as he heard her talking. "I thought I was going to spend my life in hell, but see your father dying, I had to save him." Bethany smiled as she saw Cara sound asleep. "Then you came and made my dreams come true."

"Baby, we have a problem." He said making her look at him.

"What's wrong?"

"We were playing ball and the nomads heard us. Alice told us they were coming to us.

"Are we in danger?" She asked him.

"Yes." He said. "Bella's scent caught James' attention and he is hunting her down."

Bethany sighed as she looked at her daughter. "What about..."

"I need you and Cara to go somewhere, anywhere so the two of you are safe." Emmett tells her as he hugged Bethany. "I can't lose you two, so please go."

Bethany nodded as she felt her heart shattering. She ran and packed some clothes as Emmett grabbed Cara. Bethany looked at him and saw him staring at Cara. She walked over to him and touched his arm causing him to look up at her. "We'll be safe and you will come for us." She said as she leaned up and kissed him. "Let's get her in the car."
~~~
Bella walked down with Edward to see Emmett and Bethany sharing a kiss before the blonde drove off. "Emmett, I'm sorry..."

"Save it." He said as he looked at Carlisle. "What's the plan?"

Down the road, Bethany tried her best not to break down. She had to get her daughter out of Forks. "Emmett will come for us. Then we can be a family again." She said as she that she had actually made it out of Forks. The home that she loved, where Emmett was, but she knew that she would see him soon. Once they get the James issue over with, but for now, it was Bethany and Cara.