Thoughts

Faya swayed her hand around, a water bubble floating up from the water as she stared into it. Watching one of her memories play in front of her. A soft smile graced her lips, watching it and then placed her hand down. The bubble continuing to float in the air. Her memory still playing out in front of. 

"The party get too much?" She looked up, seeing Saul and nodded. Watching him sit next to her, clenching her hand and let the bubble pop so she could look at him.

"How's the family?" He asked, earning a sigh from the girl.

"Mum's been good, she's been tutoring Specialists in need." A smile formed on her lips, her mum is a very kind lady, always trying to help those in need. 

"And your father?" She bit her lip, shaking her head. 

"He's struggling, other fairies can't deal with him. They're all the royal ones, dismissing him for things that weren't even his fault. As well as saying, they don't need a family like mine associating with them." Her family weren't of royal blood, some royal families didn't want someone who wasn't royal. It was irritating and annoying in her eyes.

"Those fairies can go get stuffed, your family is one of the best I have ever met. Your father will find work soon." She smiled softly nodding, it was peaceful outside and she liked it. 

"The Specialists aren't too fond of me, though that seems obvious. Rumours will spread like wildfire, they already have. Kinda sucks being able to read minds." She chuckled dryly, shaking her head. 

"We'll just show them not to mess with you, half of them were impressed when you left. You and I both know those rumours aren't true. Farah will teach you how to use your powers without going through what you went through last time. Then you'll be able to read one person's thoughts, without all the others." She nodded, swiping away her tears and smiled at him. He was like a father figure, to her. Her dad was always busy and Saul was usually around. 

"Thank you." He nodded and stood up. 

"If you need to talk, find me. I promised your mother that I'd keep an eye on you." Faya smiled nodding and watched him walk off. She headed back to the dorm, Stella standing up from the couch and stared at the brunette girl. She scoffed, shaking her head and tried to walk past Stella But she put an arm out, holding Faya back. 

"You're uncomfortable with your powers, there's this place, beyond the barrier that can help you with your powers. All you need to do is place an item of yours in the centre and watch the magic unfold." She tried reading her thoughts, but it was hazy and foggy.

"The more you are uncomfortable with it, the more it won't work. Here this pen will guide you there." She took it, biting her lip and nodded. Faya placed her jacket on, going outside and towards the barrier. Faya didn't trust going past it, she didn't want to go past it. But she did, Faya looked over her shoulder. Seeing the blue forcefield ripple and disappear, she examined the pen clicking it and screeched as it pretty much dragged her to the area. 

The pen fell from her hands, standing at the surroundings and watched lanterns light up at her presence. The ground had thorn bushes, untreated growth of the nature and made sure not to get caught in the growing bushes as she walked to the platform. 

There was a wooden platform, raised up in the air with broken stairs leading up to it. The platform was covered in weeds and vines. In the centre was bird bath stand with a transparent vase, she guessing this was the thing Stella was talking about. Faya shook her head, going to turn around but felt a draw. She knew her eyes were flickering purple,  Faya walked up the stairs, the wood creaking under her steps. 

She approached the vase and stopped in her tracks. She felt herself, unwillingly take off the  bracelet that stayed around her wrist. Going to place it in the vase but a sound stopped her. Her eyes fell down to her feet, seeing rotten hands reaching for her ankles. She ignored it, stepping over the hands and went to drop the bracelet into the vase. 

She screamed at the cold, rotten flesh hands wrapping around her ankles, feeling a burning sensation hit her skin. She dropped the bracelet on the wood and groaned annoyed. Picking it back up, she still had no control of her own body. Faya was stuck in her own mind, trying to gain control back. Hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her off the platform and a metre from it. 

Ringing filled her ears, her eyesight was hazy and screams echoed inside her head. She was breathing heavily, her heart rate increasing rapidly. Faya hit the ground, her knees scraping against the rocks. Her vision came back, she looked at a brunette boy who had a shocked look covering his face. Faya placed her hands over her ears, squeezing down and sobbed. She could hear thoughts from miles away. Hitting the school and it was all attacking her. 

"Shit." He muttered, crouching down and placed his hands on either side of her face. Faya looked at him, seeing his eyes dart across her face as he tried to help calm the girl down. She was shaking, her head aching from what felt like an eternity of headaches. 

"You're gonna be okay." He gently said, lifting Faya up and helped her back to the castle. He could see she was weak, by a limp in her walk and the pained look on her face. The horrible screaming was still in her ears, causing cries and whimpers leave her lips.

"Riven. What happened?" Saul asked, Faya watched him rush over to them and look at her worriedly. There was a bench, Riven helping her sit down and watched her cover her ears. As she was closer to the school she could hear everything at a much louder capacity. Usually when she's not in a room, without anyone in it she cannot hear people's thoughts but she could hear everything. 

"Riven, go to your dorm. I've got things from here." Riven nodded, walking off and looked over his shoulder looking at the quivering girl and looked away.

"Faya, what happened?" Saul asked, Faya couldn't really speak, she looked for any source of water and let her eyes narrow on a puddle. She limply took one of her hands away from her head and moved it around. A water bubble appeared, as much as it hurt she focused on replaying what happened from Stella giving her the pen and going beyond the barrier and all of the disaster at the wooden platform. 

It popped and she placed her hand back over her ear and whimpered quietly. She didn't have he phone, nor her headphones and the thoughts were starting to get through her attempt to block them out. Faya watched Saul sigh, nodding and knew that what he wanted to say would be coming to her later. 

He took Faya to the Specialists' hall, going to his office and grabbed out some headphones and his phone. He handed them to the girl, nodding and allowed her to place them on. She scrolled through some lists of music, picked a song and turned it up. The calmness didn't come easily, It took a few minutes for her to calm down to the point where she could speak and think. Faya slowly lowered the headphones, looking at him and waited for the speech. 

He stared at her, giving her a disapproving look that a father would give as well as a worried one. Faya nodded, bracing herself for the talk of her foolishness.