Troubled

Faya walked back to the suite, sat in her room and read a book. She could hear voices, she followed the sound of it to Stella's room. Her eyes first landed on Stella, then Musa. She gave a confused smile and waited to hear what was going on. 

"Congrats, I heard you and Sky kissed." Faya nodded slightly, feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Stella sighed, already realising she was being bitchy. 

"Faya, I want to say I'm sorry. I understand if you don't want to forgive me and I mean when I say congrats." She smiled and nodded sighing quietly. 

"Stella, it will take me a while to forgive you. But I think we can be friends one day." Stella smiled, glad to hear of the news. Both Musa and Stella explained what was happening. Why Stella was back and what was happening with her magic as well as her mother. After a little while, Faya sat on the couch texting Sky, asking how he was doing and then just spoke with him over the messages. The trio ended up on the couch, Faya listening in to hear what Aisha and Terra were doing to help Bloom. 

"I can't believe everyone is listening to Aisha like she knows everything. You have no idea how hard it's been for me to keep my mouth shut while the suite goes to shit. I mean, I can only break so much."

" So you're the reason stuff keeps breaking?" Musa asked. 

"I have opinions and if I can't express them verbally, I'm not above poltergeisting." Terra's voice could be heard from behind the door, Stella shifted the light to make herself invisible as the two fairies entered the room. 

"Where have you been? Didn't you get my texts?" Aisha asked Musa, Faya glanced at Musa and then back at the others.

"Uh, I did, yeah. Sorry. I was busy and Sam was here and.." 

"Ugh. Not in our room right?" 

"It's okay, we stopped Bloom. I think she's losing it. I know we said we wouldn't, but I'm wondering if we have to tell Dowling." 

"Don't you dare." 

"No, I think we should tell her." The flower pot shook and Faya grinned slightly.

"Stella has an opinion about that. " She said.

"What?" Terra asked. 

"I refuse to keep cleaning them up, so just tell them." Stella appeared and spoke.

"I have an opinion. Everyone in this damn suite is so black or white. Bloom is a pain in this arse, but she deserves to know who she is, not the stories the faculty is telling her. Now we can worry about being right, or we can help our friend. Which is it?" 

Faya and Aisha were both in disagreement. She understood that Bloom did have the right to know, but after what happened in Aster Dell, knowing that Beatrix is lying and to break Beatrix out? That broke a line, Faya went for a walk. Stuck in her thoughts and noticed the geared-up Specialists preparing for something. She watched them walk past her, muttering words under their breaths, some with confusion others with stress and fear. 

As she was about to read one's thoughts, a voice stopped her. 

"Faya!" She quickly turned around seeing Sky, also geared up. It was starting to worry her, he gently took her hands. Not wanting to scare or worry her with the information he's about to share. 

"What's going on Sky?" She asked, her eyes darting to the passing by Specialists. 

"Something is happening with the Burned ones, they're traveling in packs. All the Specialists are going to surround parts of the barrier." He started off, examining her face and listened to her voice, shaking his head. 

"Alright, wait for me. I can quickly go get into my gear." He shook his head, placing a hand on her face and the other on her bicep. He lowered his face down to hers, smiling gently at her.  

"No, I need you to stay safe." 

"Sky, I could help. Use my magic, I could tell you all where they and how close they are. I know it's the job or whatever, but I don't want you getting hurt." He sighed, smiling sweetly at her. He rested his thumb underneath her eye, gently caressing the area. She found comfort in his touch, leaning into his hand. 

"I know you want to help, I really do. I was told to not let you come, Silva said something about wanting to keep you away from the Burned Ones. Faya, please stay in the suite, go to my dorm if that helps. Just don't go outside or too close to the barrier." She nodded, with a sigh but smiled lightly as he kissed her forehead. 

"Stay safe too." She whispered, worried to let him go. Knowing she couldn't help him, shield him from anything coming to harm him scared her. She held her tears back, her eyes watering up as she went through the thought process in her head. 

"Hey, it will be okay, don't worry. I'm sure we'll have it under control, I'll come find you once this is all over, promise." Sky reassured her, giving her a loving smile. The girl nodded, sighing quietly. He leaned in, tenderly kissing her lips, placing his hands on her waist. He pulled away, staring at her for a few moments and when she nodded he knew it was her way of saying 'go.'

Faya stood in her spot for few moments, trying to not let the fear overwhelm her. Finally, she ran to the suite, looking out any of the windows to see if she could see what was happening. Faya could hear Aisha's thoughts, telling her that she was behind her. 

Faya pulled herself away from the window, hugging herself and slightly smiled at Aisha. She took the chance to distract herself from her anxiety over Sky and talk with Aisha.  

"Why aren't you out there? At the barrier? You can hear the Burned ones' thoughts, that would be useful." The water fairy asked confusion lacing her voice. 

"No fairy is meant to be out there. Sky says Silva doesn't want me out there with the Burned ones. Plus, I don't know how I would go out there with my magic. I haven't used them on a real one since we went to kill that one that hurt Silva." Faya explained, going to the couch and slumped down. 

"Look, I'm going down there. I'm telling Dowling what they're doing, you can come if you want or stay here." She threw her jacket on and walked out. Faya rubbed her face, groaning angrily and hit one of the couch pillows. She stood up, grabbing a jacket and placed her sneakers on. She looked at herself in the mirror, sighing and had a full-on argument with herself. The mind fairy finally made her decision.