Safe

"Don't let me go." She whispered, he shook his head, bringing her closer into his arms. He briefly placed his hand on her ears, looking into her eyes and swiped away her tears. She sniffled, not wanting to be separated from him as he was stopping all the pain and sound. Tears ran down her cheeks, turning her head and saw Beatrix with a smirk on her lips. Sky looked down at Faya, then at Beatrix. He yelped in pain, clutching his ears and listened to the constant ringing that sang into his eardrums. Faya stepped away from him, staring Beatrix dead in the eye, looking to see what was going through them. 

"What did you do?" Faya asked, trying to ignore all the other raging thoughts and just on Beatrix's. The air fairy took a step closer, smirking at Faya holding her hand up to show the flicker of lightning on the tips of her fingers. She stared Faya down, going to tap the mind fairy's forehead but Faya ducked, the zap and used her magic to throw a bench at her but Beatrix was able to stop it from coming down on her. 

The ringing in Sky's ears faded away and he ran over to Faya, wrapping an arm around her waist and gasped as a purple dome appeared around the two. It stopped Beatrix's bolts of electricity, keeping them out of harm's way. Beatrix ran off, Faya dropped the shield and stared at Sky. Her heart racing with fear and her voice laced with panic. 

"Did she hurt you? Are you okay?" She whispered, placing her hands on his face. Checking his ears to see if she could notice any damages. A caring smile formed on his lips, he clasped his larger hands over her smaller ones. 

"Faya, I'm okay. I promise, come on, let's get you inside." He wrapped his arm back around her, leading her to his room. The silence filled the air, Sky constantly checking to make sure the girl was fine and nothing happened to her as they walked. Riven was walking down the halls, noticed his friend and the fairy. The trio entered the room, Riven flopped down on his bed and glanced over at Faya. She was shaking slightly, though constantly fussing over Sky. Feeling bad for what happened to him. 

"Faya, I can still hear fine. It's you who I'm worried about. Do you want headphones or anything?" She shook her head, smiling gratefully at the boy.

"It won't work this time around, I'm really struggling at the moment to repress everything. It's not working." She explained, sitting in the corner that Sky had his bed pressed up against. Faya felt bad for doing what she was doing, but the coldness of the wall semi-relaxed her. 

Sky sat next to her, resting his back against the headboard and let the girl curled up against him. He could feel her go rigid, the subconscious movement of her pressing one side of her head against his chest and her knuckles turned a ghastly white as she gripped onto her dress. Sky gently took her hand, uncurling her fingers and held her shaky hand. 

He used his other hand and placed it over her other ear. He blocked the sound from entering her ears and hoped it helped somewhat. Faya sobbed quietly, clutching onto him as she tried to squeeze the pain out. 

"I've got you, it's okay. I'll make the pain disappear. You'll be okay." He whispered to her gently, feeling her nod ever so slightly. Over a few minutes her whimpers, sobs and tears had faded away and the only sound from her was quiet sniffling every now and again. Sky could feel her relax, he softly smiled at her, swiping away her remaining tears and got her to sit up. 

The girl stared at him, tilting her head to the side, Sky cupped her face in his hands. Feeling the warmth of her skin and suddenly furrowed his eyebrows seeing her place a hand on his face, he could feel his pain fade away and watched the girl's face contract a bit more in pain. 

"Faya, no." He scolded, taking her hand away from his hand, expecting his pain to come back but it didn't. She forced a smile through her pain and looked at her hand, creating her sparkly purple energy ball letting it rest in her hand the threads of the energy tickling her palm. 

"Give me your hand." She whispered, giving him a look and clasped onto his hand. He felt joyful, happy and calm. He shot another look at Faya, yet she refused to meet his eyes. Placing a finger underneath her chin and tilted her head up. 

"Stop, this isn't good for you." He whispered, standing up and glanced at Riven. Faya stared at a wall, humming quietly and waited for the dull throbbing pain to disappear. Faya looked at the two, hearing their soft murmurs. 

"If I can at least help one person, help myself from feeling their pain, hearing their thoughts. I'd feel better, knowing I helped them for a brief moment and helped myself." She said, Sky smiled gently, his eyes softening and pulled her up. 

"I may not fully understand, but I get it. I just don't want you adding my pain to the pain you are already feeling." A knock on the door filled their ears, Faya bit her lip and walked over to the window, looking down to see how far from the ground she was. 

"It's Stella, she's looking for you Sky." Faya said, Sky grimaced, a huff escaping his lips and turned to look at Faya. 

"I'll take her back to her suite, you deal with that." Riven pointed to the door, making a look of disgust and walked to Faya. She smiled softly at Sky, giving him a nod and jumped out the window. Landing on the grass with a small stumble, Riven followed after her. Landing perfectly on his feet and gave a look. She rolled her eyes, following him to her dorm. 

"Could you wait out here for a second?" She asked as she looked at the suite doors. He nodded and watched her walk off then come back with a bag in her hands. 

"Could you give this to Sky please?" He nodded and walked off, Faya sighed and smiled slightly. Walking into her dorm and smiled at Musa. She explained everything to her, what had happened with her powers and in the forest. Musa nodded, looking at the girl and gave her a hug. Faya followed Musa, telling all the others and did her homework for the night. 

"How do you do it? I can feel your pain, it's intense but you don't show it." Musa said, looking at Faya from her bed. She sighed, shaking her head and shrugged. 

"I've been dealing with hearing so many thoughts at once, that there are times I have to pretend to be happy. It's a habit, plus everyone I know and pretty much everyone pretends to be happy at one point or another."

Musa nodded gently smiling and laid down. Faya laid in her own bed, placing her headphones over her ears and fell asleep to the soft playing music.