13

Hyunjin's POV

"Aish" I took out my handkerchief from my pocket and tried to wipe the beer away. Great. It's doing nothing. I just pat it dry using my hankie and put it back in pocket after.

"I'm surprised you didn't shout at the girl" Hyejoo said, standing just beside me.

"Why would I shout at her? She didn't do it in purpose and this is a party, things can happen" I said and sip my drink.

"Damn, is this Heejin's effect on you?" she said then chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nothing, it's just like when you and Heejin started to get along, you changed" she said making me put down my cup.

"You didn't notice it to yourself?" I shake my head

"Let me ask you a question"

"When was the last time you beat someone up?" she asked and I think about it. When was it? I can't remember.

"I don't know, I don't remember" I said

"When was the last time you shouted at someone because of petty things?" she asked again

"I don't shout at someone because of petty things tho..."

"Shut up, you get so angry easily back then" she said, is it really true? I mean... Am I that bad back then?

"Don't even try to argue that you don't cuz I grew up along with you and Soojin" Hyejoo said as they used to live in my neighbourhood back then.

"Did I really change?" I asked and she nod.

"You changed and became the better version of yourself" she said then we drink the content of our cups.

"It's a good thing, right?" I asked then looked at her.

"A very good thing"

"I'll just go and find Chae" I nodded and she left to find her girlfriend who's probably got dragged by Sooyoung and Jiwoo to somewhere. I look around to find Heejin and saw her talking to Haseul and Kahei. I walk towards them and the three smiled at me.

"Is your shirt okay?" Haseul asked and I showed her an okay sign. I look at Heejin and grab her hair tie and pull it off gently. She looks beautiful but nothing beats her look when she lets her hair down.

She looks at me with confused expression and I smiled at her.

"Why did you do that?" she asked, trying to get her hair tie back but I put it around my wrist.

"Nothing, you just look way more beautiful with your hair down" I said truthfully and the two gays in front of us gave me a knowing look.

I just chuckled and shake my head before finishing my drink. I look at Heejin's cup and it's empty as well. I get it from her and look at her eyes.

"I'll refill it" I said shortly before proceeding to the living room to refill our cups. In the middle of pouring drinks in our cup, I see a commotion in the corner. Ohhhh there's a show tonight, where's the popcorn at?

I just watch them and then I realized that the two girls are familiar. Oh shit- it's Hyejoo and Chae. I left the area and went to them. Before I even get there, Hyejoo launch a punch that hit the guy's face.

"Who the fuck are you to even lay a finger on my princess?" oh shit why do men always do this??? Like what's the point?

I look over to Chae and she looks traumatised and terrified. Hyejoo will kill the guy at this point oh my fucking god.

"Chae" I called my friend's name and she looks at me with her eyes that are shedding tears. What the fuck did he do?!?!

I grab her wrist and pull her away from that scene even though she resisting and doesn't want to leave Hyejoo there. I saw Sooyoung on the dance floor and pull her out of there and told her what's happening with Hyejoo. She quickly went to the area while I take Chae to the backyard.

"What happened, Chae? What did he do?" I asked with a soothing voice but instead of answering, she pulled me into a tight hug and she cry on my chest.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here" I tried to comfort her as she cry harder.