Chapter 1- Moving In

authors note: guys holy shit i would NOT nor EVER recommend anyone to read this, i wrote it to trauma dump and it's extremely triggering and obviously it got discontinued and ruined so if you're up for that,, continue but you will be extremely disappointed!!:) -river 2022
⚠️TW: SH⚠️
"Ah shit." I can never get over the feeling of blood dripping down my wrists. Maybe I'm a fucking masochist, or maybe I just feel that I deserved it. I promised I wasn't going to keep harming myself. Hopefully, moving into a new town will heal my wounds.

I just want to get my shit together and a new place means a new start, right? I'm moving to a place called 'Nockfell' in a house right next to a apartment complex called 'Addison Apartments'. I don't know why I choose this place. Maybe it's because no one knows me there. After what happend I think its best I do this. I didn't have much from my old place so all I needed was one Uhaul truck to take it.

The drive wasn't too long, moving from New Jersey all the way to Nockfell. I hope I meet someone, anyone really. I just don't want to feel alone.

By the time I got to my new house, it was already 3 in the morning. It was dark so I just went in and turned on most of the lights. I could've sworn I saw something or someone move in the Addison Apartments while I unloaded everything. If some spooky shit goes around in this town, I will run. I hate scary things. I can't even stand watching horror movies alone.

"Hey do you need some help?"
What the fuck. I jumped in shock, dropping the boxes I had in my hands and turned around. It was a girl, with a mask on?
"Holy shit! You scared me dude. I didn't know anyone would be up, let alone walking out during this hour," I said placing the box on the edge of the truck.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I was bored and I don't sleep much so I just went out for a walk, then saw you. Are you new here? Im Sal, by the way. But some people call me Sally face," the person said putting their hand behind their neck.

"Yeah I'm new, I just got here so," I replied with a slight laugh.
"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you Sal." I said with a warm smile. "Oh, and I would love some help." I grabbed the boxes and Sal took the rest of my luggage into the house. It wasn't big but big enough for me to live in at least.

"Thanks Sal," I said offering him a water bottle. "It's my pleasure," they said taking the water bottle. I saw their mask move ever so slightly, I knew they were smiling.

Sal and I just sat in the middle of the living room, the boxes and silence surrounding us. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" I asked looking up at them.
"Yeah of course."
"So what pronouns do you go by?" I said fiddling with my hands.
"Oh, i'm a boy so, he/him." He said looking at me. His eyes were ocean blue, they were beautiful. "Thanks for telling me Sal, I use they/them pronouns but whatever one is fine. I don't mind," I said looking up at the ceiling.

Holy shit. My house was dirty. I gotta clean soon. I'm glad I moved on a Friday, I have all weekend to clean up and get settled in.

"That's cool, Y/N. Wait so do you live alone? I hope you don't mind me asking" Sal said, interrupting my thoughts. "Oh yeah, my mom passed away so all her money went to me and this place was the only place livable for someone my age" I replied looking down on the floor. "Oh, i'm sorry I didn't mean to-"
"It's fine Sal, she wasn't the best anyways," I said cutting him off.

After that we kind of sat in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. Sal broke the silence by discussing school and we found out we had all the same classes together. School starts in 2 weeks so I'm glad I have someone I know at least. Sal told me all about his friends and the Addison Apartments. They seemed like nice people and I absouluty fear the apartments now that he's told me about it.

"So where did you move here from? I came here a few years ago with my dad, we used to live in New Jersey." He said lifting his mask a little to take a sip of the water I gave him. "No way! I from New Jersey too! That's so sick man." I giggled.

Turns out me and Sal had a lot in common. We both played guitar, both of our moms passed (KSJSJSSJ IM SORRY), we both enjoyed listening to Mother Mother, even Slipknot, and I even found out we both listen to Mitski when we're sad. I'm glad I have someone that I can talk to. Im glad I have someone.

By the time me and Sal got done talking it was already 6 in the morning. "Oh shit, my dads gonna worry if I'm not home yet. I gotta go Y/N, though I'll see you tomorrow. Shit, I mean later-" he said laughing. "Thanks for helping me Sal, see you tomorrow," I said chuckling.

We waved our goodbyes as Sal walked back over to his apartment. When I closed the door, it felt so lonely. But the good lonely, if that's a thing? It was reassuring to know I have someone that's just right there. I had a feeling I was really going to like it here.

Now all I have to do is clean and unpack everything. Ah shit, theres more things to unpack than I thought. Maybe I'll just go take a nap later. Hopefully it will be before Sal comes back. I really like Sal.

-end of chapter
authors note: hey shawties hopefully this is good- i swear im good at writing i just don't really know how to start things off [cry] but i hope you liked it and planning to keep reading! have a wonderful day/night :D