Chapter 25- Please Forgive Me

I haven't left my house since what happened. Occasionally, I would open the door to like the door dash person or something, sometimes Travis comes to visit. I started paying for online school, stopped working at the bakery, and changed the locks to my house. I just want to be alone.

It's been 2 months, currently it's the beginning of March. I haven't been doing anything lately, for the past week I've been in bed all day. All I do is sleep. I wanna get up but I can't. I don't have motivation to do anything anymore.

I can't feel anything anymore. Who knew finding out the one good thing you had in your life was all a lie would hurt this bad. I heard Sal got his drivers license. He tried to get a hold of me, fuck he even sends me letters. But I won't open them, I don't want to.

I can't find my purpose, do I even have one? I just want to feel, something. Anything. (⚠️TW:SH⚠️) I got up, grabbed my favorite knife, and locked myself in the bathroom. Will this make me feel something?

I keep cutting and cutting but I can't feel a single thing. I want to hurt, I want to feel. Please. Why am I trembling if I can't feel anything. It doesn't hurt.

Maybe if I took this blade through my chest, I would feel it. I would feel something again. And so I did, strike it into my chest. I'm crying, because I can feel it. I'm loosing myself but I don't want to die.

Sal's pov:
I fucked up so bad. The nightmares got worse. When I was with them, the nightmares stopped. Because they were by my side, yet I managed to fuck it up. I'm trying to get them back, I need them.

I tried to take a nap but instead I felt my subconscious fall into a similar place. It's Y/N's memories. The orb, it looks like it's dying?

"Ego? Hello? What's happening?" I said, trying to call out to the voice. "Sal, I'm afraid, Y/N is dying. Without them, I cease not to exist. You have to go, Sal," Ego said as their voice slipped away. What have they done?

I came back to reality and ran as fast as I could to Y/N's house. The door is locked, I'm in a fucking panic at this point. I can't loose them. I broke the window and went everywhere trying to find them. The bathroom, it's locked.

Y/N was on the floor, there was blood everywhere. They were wearing my sweater. "No. No. No. No! Fuck!" I sobbed taking them into my arms. I took my phone and called Larry, I don't know what to do.

"Larry! Call Todd! Call a fucking paramedic! Please just hurry to Y/N's house," I said in between sobs. The first time I see them in months and here they are dying in my arms. "Please! Don't leave me," I said crying into their chest. My mask was covered with their blood, and so was my hands. This is all my fault.

"I'm sorry." Y/N said faintly before loosing consciousness. I screamed as loud as I could. I can't loose them too. "Please hang around," I said holding them. "I know I hurt you, but you have to let me love you again. Let me try again. Stay with me, please."

At this point I was full on sobbing and rambling at the same time. Larry came with the ambulance and when he saw what they looked like in my arms, he broke down too. I never saw Larry break down this badly.

We waited and waited, until finally, the doctor came back. "I'm so sorry, I don't think Y/N will make it. The blade got in too deep, it hit close to their vital organs. They're in a coma right now, but they are very unstable," the doctor sighed.

"Fuck!" Larry said punching the wall. I just stood there, frozen. It's all my fault.
-end of pov

It's dark. I can't feel anything, not even my own breath. "Am I dead?" I asked. "No, not yet child." The familiar voice replied. I'm in the dark room.

"If you touch the prism, you will see the future of what will happen if you die. If you choose to die then everyone will forget you. Everyone. You will cease not to exist. But you can choose to live, for a price," the voice said in a sinister tone.

They told me watching what will happen will take time, I guess I'll be here for a while.

Sal's pov:
I went to the hospital everyday. Time goes by so slow, I watch Y/N slowly die with every second. I helped them finish their classes since I knew the password to their computer, it was "DDNIYM". I have no clue what that means.

Larry stopped visiting a month ago, he said he didn't want to see them slowly die. The nurses actually got quite familiar with me, they even let me lay next to Y/N when I stayed over night.

"Sal, it's been 3 months dude. School ends in 3 weeks, you have to stop," Larry said on the phone. "No, I wont," I said hanging up. I held onto Y/N's hands, the were getting colder everyday.

I keep remembering seeing them, lying in a pool of their own blood. Sometimes at night, I just sit there, crying next to them. I miss them.
-end of pov

I don't know how long i've been in the black room, but I knew my physical body was getting weaker. When I touched the prism, I saw it. What happened when everyone forgot about me, completely.

Sal apparently killed everyone in the apartments because their souls have already been consumed by the darkness, it was to stop it from spreading. He went through trials, no one believed him. Not even Ash, she even fucking testified against him. She waited 3 years to find evidence and Sal was killed.

I can't die, not yet. "Have you made your choice?" The voice said. "I want to live, please." I begged. I don't want Sal to die.

"If you give us a part of your memory or soul, we will let you live. But keep in mind, the power of the dark will be inside you. Though in the physical realm, you might be dead for a bit. It takes a while to get someone back in their physical state," the voice replied.

"What memories?" I asked. "You can choose," the voice laughed in pity. "My mom. Erase the memories of her," I said. "Well then, we have a deal."

Sal's pov:
I fell asleep on the edge of their hospital bed, sitting on a chair, holding their hand. I woke up around 3 am and felt their hand drop cold.

"Y/N?" I said, feeling myself about to sob. I checked their pulse, nothing. They stopped breathing. Y/N died in their sleep.

I ran outside and screamed and begged for someone to call the doctor, they said to wait 5 minutes. What fucking hospital does that?

"You're the only one I ever loved, Y/N please," I sobbed into their hand. Will it ever be warm when i'm around them again? Whenever I was at the hospital, I would take off my prosthetic. I always end up crying somehow, like in this moment, it's good that it's not on.

"You aren't dead," I screamed. "This is just a bad dream. I'll wake up with you next to me and we're in New York having fun," I cried. "Remember all the times we danced together in the dark with only the moon lighting us, when I held you, when we kissed. Please, let me do it all over again. I love you," I said breaking down. "Let me be with you for just 5 more minutes."

I lost them. The only person who made me feel that I was worth something is gone. They're dead and this moment, I wanted to die too.
-end of pov
-end of chapter

authors note: ok, i may have overreacted a bit about violently sobbing on this chapter, but i was listening to my mitski playlist while writing this. but if you really think about it, sal really cares about y/n and now they're gone and it's all his fault, he didn't get a chance to tell them how they made him feel. it hurts bc he lost his mom and blamed himself, he has like ptsd from that, and now he lost y/n and it's all his fault too. imagine how he feels, they both hurt each other in one way or another but they still love each other. he just wants to make them happy again bro, did you guys remember the letters? now i'm sobbing again gn. anyways it'll just get worse from here, lol sorry:p anyways have a good day/night! ;)