Chapter 17- Lead Me On

What if I do like Sal? Is that so wrong? I don't know what it is with me, but I know for one thing. I wanna get to know him more. How he reacts to sad movies, how he deals with thunderstorms, his favorite songs, what does he do at aquariums or museums, what's all the things that make him sad, or happy, I want to know all of it. After that night I can't get him off my mind even when I want to, it's gross.

"Y/N, stop drooling all of the table," Sal said waking me from my slumber. Right, we did go to the library today. "Mm I was not drooling," I said rubbing my eyes. "Sure you weren't," he chuckled. "I did the rest of your work so just tell the teachers you did it," Sal said getting up. "Did you change it up a bit at least?" I asked. "Yeah, duh. You owe me," Sal replied.

"So where are we going now?" I asked as we sat in my car. "Well, I have an appointment at the piercing shop, and Larry wants us to meet him in his place," Sal said, looking out at the window. I wonder if he likes to watch the sky. "Oh? What is Sally Face doing at a piercing place?" I smirked. "I lost a bet with Larry so I have to go get my tongue pierced," Sal sighed. "Why would you get a tongue piercing if no one can see it?" I laughed. "Larry said it's good for when you kiss people," Sal choked. "Remind me not to make bets with Larry," I chuckled, easing the tension.

I took him to the place and apparently I wasn't allowed to see Sal get his tongue pierced. This is straight up homophobia. "How was it?" I smiled as we got back in the car. "It's okay," Sal mumbled. I bet it looks so cool.

We stopped to visit Gizmo before going to see Larry. I swear that cat loves me more than Sal. Unfortunately for me, Ash was there when we went down to Larry. Just like Sal said, it is awkward between them. But I could see the way Sal's eyes lit up when he saw her.

"Hey Ash, can I talk to you for a second," I said referring for us to go outside the room. "Yeah, if course," she replied. "Are we cool? I'm sorry for snapping on you," I said with a warm smile. Though, she kinda deserved it. "Yeah! Of course we are Y/N! Why wouldn't we be, silly," Ash giggled as she hugged me. I'm glad we were cool again.

Going back into Larry's room, I sat in between Sal and Todd. "Okay, so the reason I called you fruit bowls here with me today," Larry said grabbing something in his closet. "We should form a band!" Larry said handing out flyers from our school. The flyer read, "talent show! winners gets all expense paid trip to NYC!!" Wow, what a way to get student's excited.

"It's in like 4 weeks, so we have of time to prepare. Andd it's a show paid by the NYU," Larry said smiling. "NYU is my dream school, I've always wanted to visit the city," Ash said as her eyes lit up to the idea. "I was thinking, I could be on drums, Todd boy you're on keys, Sal on guitar, Y/N on bass and Ash as lead vocalist," Larry said chucking. "Y/N could also be the backup vocalist, they sing really well," Sal said smiling at me. "Thanks Sal," I smiled. I personally think I sound like shit, but I'm being praised so I dont mind.

"I think it's a brilliant idea, but what would we be called?" Todd asked. "I was thinking, 'There's a Cult in my Basement' or 'Paranormal Activity'," Larry said snickering. "Well, why don't we let the readers choose?" I said breaking the fourth wall. Hi there! You look pretty/handsome today;)

"Y/N are you on fucking drugs," Larry said looking at me concerned. "No, I don't do anything that leads to addiction, Larry. Both sides of my family have an addiction problem," I replied. "Damn, double homicide," Sal chuckled. "I'm telling Henry about this," I said punching him in the arm. I guess he didn't tell anyone about that night.

"Well, the name doesn't matter for now, we need to practice and make a song, with like actual lyrics. And what is the benifits of this so called reward?" Todd asked. "We get to tour the NYC campus and stay there for 3 days at this really sick hotel," Larry replied. "I wonder why they would choose Nockfell students," Ash sighed. "Probably because we're hot," I smirked. "Yes. And it's a big opportunity guys, and when we win we get to preform on campus," Larry said with his eyes all lit up.

Everyone seems to be so fond of the idea, but I don't know. I never been to a big city before. It sounds really fun. The gang seems to love it too. Ash is the most excited out of all of us, I can tell by the way her eyes look.

"We could practice at my garage, but we need spending money," I said, my eyes deep in thought. "We could all get jobs, Ash already has one. It shouldn't be hard," Sal replied. "I'm gonna work at Spencers," Larry chuckled. "Gross Larr," Ash said snickering to herself. "I don't think they'll hire a minor," Todd replied. "Geez, I was joking." Larry said crossing his arms.

"I'll probably work at a bakery," Sal and I said in unity. We just stared at each other for a second and laughed. "I can cook bomb ass macaroons ok," I smiled. "And so can I," Sal replied.

We all decided to look for jobs tommorow and all thought it would be best to do so. It was almost Christmas and my birthday, so that's quite fun.

Sal and I headed to his apartment after the 'meeting' we had. I was sleeping over. Luckily, Henry was with Lisa tonight. "Dude, I still can't believe you got your tongue pierced, does it hurt?" I asked sitting on his bed with Gizmo. "No, not anymore actually," he said plopping down next to me. "Can I see?" I asked before thinking.

"I don't know, are you intoxicated this time?" Sal asked. "Shut the fuck up," I chuckled. "So you do remember," Sal said looking at me. Fuck. "Remember what?" I played dumb. "Hm okay," Sal said lifting up his mask lightly to reveal his lips.

"Boo," he said sticking out his tongue, revealing his silver piercing. (hey its me the author, i will literally pay anyone to draw this scene. please i am on my knees. im begging someone to draw this.)

"Sal. It looks so hot. I mean sick," I said catching myself. "Yeah, I know. It's lowkey growing on me," he said pulling his mask back down.

"Well then, what shall we do on this fine night," I said, petting Gizmo behind his ears. "Wanna go to the beach?" Sal asked. "At night? It's the middle of November, it's cold," I whined. "Yeah, yeah, just wear my sweater. Here," Sal replied throwing his black sweater at my face. He does realize that I literally live next door right? I don't mind this though, he smells good.

I put on his sweater and we did go to the beach. I wonder why he would choose this place.

"Y/N, can I say something?" Sal asked as we walked along the shore. The wind was in our faces, yet it was warm around him. "Yeah, what's up Sally?" I replied. "I um. I want to get to know you more, because I think I'm honestly starting to like you," Sal said blushing. Does he mean as friends because the boy literally just got rejected by his crush not so long ago?

"What do you mean?" I asked in curiosity. "I want to get to know you way more, before I, you know. Make it official, I guess?" Sal replied, looking at me.

Sal's POV:
"You know what, I think I'd really like that," Y/N replied with a smile. I'm glad, they help me forget about Ash. I know I said it before but they really do help me forget. It's good. And it feels so good. Maybe they could be what I've always wanted.
-end of pov-

Honestly, I'm actually quite confused. But I don't mind this. It's never awkward around Sal, the aura is always warm and comforting. I just hope whatever this is, whatever we are, that it goes well. I never felt this way about someone before.

-end of chapter

authors note: hi darlings!:) i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who tell me to take care of myself too, you guys make me feel better and i really appreciate it<33:) hopefully you guys know by now, the titles of each chapter may or may not be hints as to what happens in the story. and if anyone asks, yes i am making fluff just to break all your hearts unexpectedly, im sorry but this is what you guys signed up for:< also credits to @/ punkv0miit and @/ travisphelpsappreciator on tik tok for the band name ideas, go show them some love;) anyways, i hope you liked this chapter and take good care of your wonderful selves!:)<333