Chapter 22- We Win

Here I am, standing at the stage, in front of 4 judges. For the talent show, that is. It's December 23, I'm anxious. Not a lot of people came but still, I know we're gonna win because all the other performances were trash. Sorry, that sounds mean but we live in Nockfell for crying out loud.

"Love, you'll be fine. We're gonna do great, okay?" Sal said whispering in my ear as we walked in the middle of the stage.

I took a deep breath in and calmed myself.
"Hey hey hey wonderful humans, so we're 'Paranormal Activity', aka Larry is the sexiest one here," Larry said into his mic. "We call this one, Calling Out," Larry said banging onto his drums. "Let's go!" Sal screamed into his mic.

My body was frozen for a second until I heard the crash of Larry playing the drums, Sal's electric guitar move the floor, Todd's notes flying in the air, and Ash started to sing. We were fucked up, in a good way. Everything and everyone was in harmony, creating a wild melody that you would kill to have. We we're having fun.

"I'd rather die than take you with me! They're calling for me," Sal and I sang in unity. My heart was literally doing flips. Who knew adrenaline ran faster when you're around people you actually care about. Did he feel it too?

We were out of breath and most of the audience just looked at us like we were crazy, they're right, we are.

"Thank you Nockfell!" Larry said into the mic. "We need a second," one of the judges said as they quietly talked with each other.
"Can we get all the other contestants on the stage," the second one asked.

Everyone got on the stage and they looked nervous, we didn't, we were the best ones there. New York here we come.

"Alright, we have made our decision. As you know, the winners will be performing at the NYU campus. The winners represent Nockfell and the talent we have as a whole, that is why, the band Paranormal Activity wins!" the principal announced.

Everyone else left the stage and we were there celebrating. "Fuck yeah!" Larry said hugging me. I was about to hug Sal but Ash hugged him first. "New York here we go!" Ash said hugging me. "You guys did great," I smiled at them.

"Are you kidding me? You fucking killed it," Sal said pulling me in for a hug. I could do this over again if he praised me this way. Ash was looking at us, she was smiling, but from the way her eyebrows were going, you could tell she was sad.

When we left the school with the prize tickets and awards in our hands, we stayed over at my house.

"Travis, we fucking won, get ready for New York bestie," I laughed into my phone. "But I don't know if my dad will-"
"He will. For some reason he listens to me, don't worry Trav. You're coming with us," I said cutting him off.

We ordered a lot of food and sat in my living room. We were going to New York. All that work paid off. They even said if the NYU school likes us and our performance they could give us a scholarship. It's pretty fucking sick if you ask me.

Everyone slept over at my house but they left early to go to their familys and get the presents we were giving each other.

I was at home, alone. I had no family. I laugh thinking about it but it does hurt sometimes. I'm currently baking a cake for when everyone gets here. It sure doesn't feel like Christmas.

Yesterday before the show, Sal helped me set up a tree in my house. He fell trying to put on the star, it was funny.

I had about 4 hours before everyone came so I just binge watched christmas movies. And also The Rise of the Guardians because Jack Frost is so fine, lord.

Hearing a knock on my door, I opened it and saw it was Sal. "Hey love, merry christmas," he said hugging me. "Yeah, merry christmas," I smiled.

After he came, everyone followed along. Travis couldn't come because he had to worship sky papa for long hours I guess?

We had music playing in the back and everyone sat in the living room, we were starting to give out presents.

Everyone had a gift from one another and each one of us opened a present from the person who gave it. We all opened Ash's gift first, she gave Todd a book, Larry a head set, and Sal a new pair of earings. She gave me a frog hat which I think just means I'm special like that.

We opened what Larry got us, he gave everyone some type of SF merch and it was cool. Todd gave everyone a personalized  walkie talkie, mine had the same matching guitar sticker Sal had on it. #boss

I gave everyone their gift, though, I kept the ring I bought Sal for later. "This is a hatecrime but thanks babe," Larry chuckled. "What happend to Cherry?" I smirked. "Oh uh yeah, right," Larry replied.

"Y/N this is amazing, I love it thank you," Todd said observing the safe. "Glad you like it Todd," I smiled. "No cause this is so cute, Y/N darling, you're so sweet," Ash said hugging me.

I'm glad, I never gave people any gifts, this is really reassuring. Sal wore what I gave him and I'm really happy he likes it. Everyone here could hate me and I wouldn't mind it, but if Sal hated me, I don't think I would know what to do.

I held off of opening Sal's gift since he said that he wanted to be the only one to react to it.  When everyone left we sat on my bed and he gave me what he was planning to give me.

"Wait no, here open yours first," I said giving him the box. He looked at in awe, "I love you- I mean it. I love it so much, it's so beautiful," he said hugging me. He put the ring on his ring finger and I couldn't help but smile to myself.

I opened the gift he gave me and it was his favorite black sweater. It had his scent. I don't think I would ever want to take this off.

"Here, close your eyes okay," Sal said getting something. I felt him go behind me and put a necklace around my neck. Unfortunately it was not his hands, but a locket.

I stared at it for a moment, but when I opened it, it had a picture of us from the time we went to New Jersey, it said "Always, Forever,".

"You mean more to me than anything and every one, please don't cry." Sal said wiping the tears that have fallen from my cheeks. I didn't notice, I felt so cared about, in that moment. I never felt this way about anyone or anything.

It's like I was lost, surrounded by shadows that I found comfort in, but yet, I found comfort, in something else. After meeting him, I realized that the dark I once knew was never warm. It was cold. Sal was pure flame that warmed me, but it also meant he could burn me in any second. I'd rather stay by his light.

I laid down next to him, holding him as he held me. I don't want this night to end. It's better with him. He makes me better. Life is worth living if there's someone to live for.

For me, it's not myself. But a boy, with bright blue eyes that were brighter than the sky in the day, and a mask, from which he keeps hidden from the world. From everything, but me.
-end of chapter

authors note: im on my poetic shit rn PLS. GUYS ME BUILDING UP THE FLUFF HURTS SO BAD BC THE ANGST JUST HURTS TOO MUCH. I CANT. anyways pls i hope this wasn't cringy and i hope you enjoy it, it's not gonna last:') but anyways, take good care of yourselves darlings!<3