Chapter 13- Why Not Me?

I hate it here. I hate it so much. I'm still in the bathroom, but I stopped crying. Why do I feel like such a burden? I didn't mean to. And honestly, why is Sal blaming me for the way Ash feels about him? That's not on me. Is it?

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Larry said knocking on the door. "Yeah, I'm fine," I lied. "Do you wanna come out and eat? They made ribs," Larry said opening the door. "No it's fine, I'll just sleep. Is Sal still in the room?" I asked getting up. "No, he's outside," Larry sighed. "Okay, well then. Goodnight," I said walking back to the bedroom.

I laid down on the bed and watched time pass by. I'll probably leave later because I don't think Sal or Ash wants to see me right now. I felt my pocket vibrate and looked on my phone. Someone sent me a voicemail. "Hello! Is this Y/N Y/L/N? We're the New Jersey Sentara hospital. It's Alex speaking, I just wanted to call you because we have your father here, we tried calling his wife but she told us to "fuck off". Um, but he doesn't have any other family members so if you could call us back or come in for a visit, that would be great. Have a great day." the voice said as the voicemail ended.

I dropped my phone and fell to the floor. I couldn't care less about my dad but mom? The only wife my dad had was her. I saw her die. I saw her. I felt my body start to tremble and I got up and grabbed the keys to my car. I ran as fast as I could outside. "Y/N? Where are you going?" Larry asked. I stopped for a second. Everyone was looking at me, everyone but Sal. Ignoring him, I went inside my car and drove away.

I'm cold, alone, and I don't fucking know what's happening. But I kept driving, I need to know the truth. If I have to go visit my stupid dad at the hospital then fine. It took a few hours and I cried all my tears out on my way there. I felt so tired. Walking in to the hospital gave me bad memories. Horrible memories.

"Hey um, I'm here to visit Kenny Y/L/N." I said to the man at the front. "Oh you must be Y/N! Here follow me," the man said showing me to the hallways. Based on his tag, it says his name is Alex. I guess that's the guy who called me. "So what happened?" I asked as we walked. "He had a stroke down at the church, the doctors said he had a heart condition," Alex replied. "No I mean, with my mom? I thought she's dead?" I said, worried for the response. "We looked at her medical records, she's still alive. She has a different location though, so we assumed your family moved," Alex said pressing the button for the elevator.

This doesn't make any sense at all. I saw her overdose. There was blood all over the floor. She was sent to a hospital and my dad told me she died. "Could you give me her address?" I asked. "Yeah of course, when we head back down I'll just need some confirmation and you'll be good to go," Alex replied. My dad was on the 6th floor and in a small room. He was awake, looking at him terrified me. "I'll let you guys talk," Alex said leaving the room.

"Why are you here?" My dad asked in an angry tone. "And why aren't you dead yet?" I replied. "Where the fuck is mom, did you fucking lie to me about her!?" I yelled. "Well it's not my fault. The bitch faked her death to you so she can go live with her other family like the whore she is," he scoffed. "You don't get to fucking talk about her like that. I hope you die, asshole." I said flipping him off and leaving the room. I stopped crying in front of my dad a while ago. I hate him.

"Can you give me my moms address please?" I asked Alex while walking down the hall. I had to show him my drivers license and though I really hated the picture of me on there, it was worth it. I drove over to her house and it was big. I'm fucking shaking.

I knocked on her door and my heart dropped. It was her. "Mom?" I sobbed. "You shouldn't be here," she said frowning. "No, I came here for you. Please, just tell me the truth," I choked. She sighed and we sat on the front porch.

"I never died. Your father is a horrible man. And I did some things I regret, that night I wasn't dying. I was giving birth," Mom said looking at me. What. The. Fuck. "But what about the money and the note?" I asked. "I had it sent to you. I can't live with that man anymore, and your capable of doing it on your own. So I left," She admitted. I got up and slapped her. "Do you know how long I blamed myself for your "death". Do you know how alone I was wishing the mother who barely even cared about me would come back, you're sick," I said trembling. "You were always a disappointment. I gave you all the money you need and your still ungrateful." She said getting up.

A little girl went out of the front door of her house and walked up to her. "Mommy? Who's this?" the little girl said hiding behind her. "No one sweetie, come on. Let's go back inside okay?" She said walking back with her. "Just leave Y/N," she said looking back at me.

The first time I see my mom in years and this happens. Why is she pushing me away. Why does she get to be fucking happy while I went through hell? "Fuck!" I cried hitting my driving wheel.

As I drove back to Nockfell, I could feel my panic reaching a high. My head is pounding and I don't know how to feel. I went inside of my house and grabbed my blade.

Here I am in the floor of my kitchen, sobbing to myself. Nobody wants me. My head is spinning and I can't breathe. I felt my hands shake as I was putting the blade to my wrist. "Y/N? What are you doing!?" I heard a voice say. I put the blade down. The footsteps were getting closer and closer.

It's Sal. "Y/N!" He said rushing over to me. I got up and buried my head into his sweater, gripping onto it too. "Where have you been? You asshole," I cried. "I should be asking you that," Sal replied. "Sal, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. It's all my fault, I'm a monster." I said sobbing. "Y/N.... It wasn't your fault. What happened?" Sal said holding me.

"My mom she- She never died. She had another family this whole time, she didn't want me," I sighed. I said I wasn't going to cry. I said nothing could break me. I guess things can be broken twice.

"I'm so sorry Y/N," Sal said looking at me. "I don't want your pity." I said sitting back down on the floor. "Could you just, stay near me please." I said hiding my face in my knees. Sal didn't say anything, but I felt him sitting down next to me.

Somehow, the silence comforted me. But it's not enough to forget what just happened. "Thanks, Sally Face." I said, still not looking up. Sal ignored me and just sighed. Oh, okay.

-end of chapter
authors note: YOOO PLOT TWIST MFS AKDJSJ honestly this chapter didn't hurt me much but idk if its the same for you guys. anyways we'll be seeing our bestie travis in the next chapter so hopefully it makes up for the pain i caused you guys. i know most of you have mommy issues so i self projected it onto this🙂 anyways stay tuned, and have a good day<3 or not. [hehe]