Chapter 11- Help Him

Sometimes I sit and wonder what life could've been like if I didn't move to Nockfell. Maybe I would've ended up the way my mom did, but I don't blame her for what she did. I would've done the same thing and it's killing me.

"Y/N?" Ash said shaking me. I got up and my face felt wet. "Good- morning?" I said wiping my eyes. "I was just going to wake you for breakfast, but you were crying in your sleep. Are you okay?" Ash asked patting me slowly on the back. "Yeah I'm fine, just nightmares," I said in half-truth. I had been crying all night. It gets so lonely when no ones home, you know? Though, I would never let anyone see me cry. Don't ever let them see that they get to you. I stick by that. "Well, come on. Sal and I made pancakes, well technically I did because he burned them," Ash giggled. "Classic Sal," I chuckled along with her. "I'll see you downstairs, okay? If you need anything just tell me," Ash said hugging me. I only could form a smile.

I went to the bathroom after Ash left. "I look like fucking shit," I sighed to myself as I viewed my eyes in the mirror. Nothing a shower couldn't fix. I took a long shower, wondering what to do today after school. Maybe Sal and I could- Oh right. I gotta help my best friend get with his dream girl. I'm sure it's all he wants.

I got dressed and headed down stairs yet Sal was no where in sight. "Hey Ash, where's Sally boy?" I asked her. She was sitting on the couch eating pancakes. "He went back to his apartment, to help Gizmo or something? I guess his tail got stuck in the drain on accident," she replied. "Again? Poor Gizmo maybe I should- I mean Ash, you should go help Sal," I smiled, sitting down next to her. "Mmm no," Ash laughed. "I'd rather stay here with you instead," she said, offering me a piece of her pancake. "You just want to dub a barbie movie before we head to school, don't you?" I asked with food in my mouth. "Well yes because it's hilarious and I want to hang out with one of my favorite people," Ash said chuckling. "Oh?" I smirked playfully. "Who's your favorite then," I said crossing my arms. "It's probably between Larry or Sal. Don't tell Larry this but I like Sal better," she giggled. I didn't say anything, I just put on the movie and we went to school not long after.

-time skip to lunch-
"Man, these janitors need to clean up this place a bit. It's starting to rot." I said speaking to myself as I wandered the halls. Being lost in thought, I bumped into Travis. How the tables fucking turn. "Oh hey Travis," I smiled. "Who do you think- Oh, hey y/n." Travis replied avoiding eye contact. I felt like an asshole today, I keep avoiding Sal and I hate it. "Do you actually wanna come with me to get food because, I don't want to eat here," I asked. By the look on his face I already knew what he was gonna say. "I don't hang with queers blah blah blah don't say any of that just come on wreck it ralph," I said grabbing his arm. We went out to Chick Fil-A, sitting in a park nearby.

"Why did you want to be here instead of with your faggot friends?" Travis asked. I glared at him. "Sorry." Travis said quickly. "Have you ever wanted someone you just simply can't have and you don't even know why?" I asked, looking up at the sky. "Yeah.." Travis replied. "That's why," I sighed. "Listen all though I hate you, you're not that bad I guess. Whatever loser you want should be lucky you even look their way,"  Travis replied. My eyes shot open and I just stared at him for a hot minute, Travis saying something like this? There's no way this is real. "What?" He asked in confusion. "Did the stick up your ass fall out or something?" I laughed. He punched me in the arm playfully. See, Travis isn't so bad. He's still an asshole but you get the point.

After school I sat in my room, still questioning what to do. Honestly, I hate being alone with my thoughts. I know they're right. My life is great here, it's useless trying to do something you have no clue how to do. I could ruin friendships, and I cant afford to loose anyone else.

"Hello?" I heard a familiar voice say before knocking on my bedroom door. I jumped up and almost fell on my floor. "Fuck. Sal? What did I tell you about doing that," I said opening the door for him. "Sorry I just came here to ask something," Sal replied. " Yeah of course, what's up dude?" I said sitting back down on my bed. "Are we okay?" Sal asked, his tone was rather quiet today. "Of course, why wouldn't we be?" I smiled. I'm so fucking fake. "You've been a little distant lately and I don't know, I just hope everything is okay between us," Sal sighed. "Oh I don't mean to, I've just been busy," I replied. "Do you wanna come over to my house? Gizmo misses you," Sal said reaching for my hand. "Okay but, only for Giz," I joked, taking his hand.

I went over to his apartment and said hi to Henry and Lisa. They're nice people. Sal and I just watched a movie with Gizmo in between us. The silence around Sal is comforting, warm. "Y/N, I think i'm gonna ask Ash out this weekend," Sal said looking at me. God. His eyes were driven by something and I wanted to feel it too, but I can't.

"What happens this weekend?" I asked. "Well Todd is taking all of us to this lake house that Neils grandparents own for the weekend, I don't know. Should I?" Sal asked. "No! I mean, you have to find out if she likes you back for real first, Sal, or then it would be bad," I said truthfully. Help him be happy. Help him. "I can help you drop hints and ask her subtle questions," I said before thinking. "Really? You'd do that?" He smiled. "Yeah, you deserve someone like Ash." I said petting Gizmo. I had a feeling Giz could somehow feel what I felt. Gizmo got up and fell asleep on my lap, I love this cat.

"Thanks Y/N, I never dealt with things like this before. It's good to know that someone is by my side, you're the best friend anyone could've asked for," Sal replied. "Yeah, that's what friends are for." I smiled.

I can't help but think I'm selfish, here I am falling asleep with a boy and his cat when I know it should be someone else here. I wish my mom stayed a little longer. Maybe she could've left my dad and become better. Maybe for me to get better, for me to have a purpose, is to make people around me happy. Especially Sal. I'm doing this so I can see him smile, even if it's not because of me. It's not like anything can break me, you can't break what's already been broken.
- end of chapter

authors note: i bet you shawties are scared for the next chapter now huh ;) i've been trying to give travis a little redemption arc so hopefully yk it's good. there's going to be so many twists and lowkey i will be sobbing about it even though i made it. anyways stay tuned and have a good rest of your day/night!<333