Chapter 4- A Bright World

I don't know how long I slept but I slept really good for the first time in years. "Yeah, I checked earlier, their fever has gone down maybe they'll wake up soon," I heard Sal say. My head still hurt a bit but I managed to get up. "Sal?" I asked walking down into the kitchen.

"I gotta go Larr, they're up," Sal said hanging up the phone. "Good morning, Y/N," Sal said placing down a bowl of soup on the table. "Hey good morning. How long was I out?" I asked taking a seat. "About 2 days, the gang was getting worried. Larry thought you were dead," Sal replied. Two whole days? "You've been having a crazy high fever, Ash came over from time to time to help out, I did too. And Larry too I guess. Are you feeling any better? I made some soup," Sal said pointing to the bowl in front of me. "Thank you, and I am a little," I said taking a bite of the soup. Sal and his bad cooking skills failed yet again. I choked on the damn soup. "Y/N? Are you okay?" Sal said getting up, patting me on the back. I bursted out laughing.

"Sal the soup is salty as fuck." I said. "What no! I tasted it earlier and it was fine," he said chuckling. "Sally maybe cooking isn't your specialty," I said patting him on his shoulder. "Mhmm but baking is," he said handing me a bag filled with cookies. "I didn't know what you liked, so I made all of them," Sal said smiling. "Shut up you bake?" I said taking a bite of the macaron he made. "Yeah, Lisa taught me how to make them a while ago," he said sitting back down in front of me. "Dude this tastes so good, you have to teach me how," I said taking another bite. "If I teach you how to make macaroons, then you teach me how to cook." Sal replied. "Deal," I said with a smile.

I ended up eating toast and Sal went back to his apartment to get the ingredients. We're going to make macaroons. "Do you need help with that?" I asked as Sal walked in the kitchen. "Yeah definitely," Sal said handing me the flour. "Okay so, you can work on the filling and i'll work on the cookie part," Sal said showing me the ingredients. "So you just mix a bunch of sugar and flour to make it?" I asked. "Yeah, and the filling which is like eggs and sugar. Go get two bowls and piping bags" Sal ordered. "Yes boss, i'm on it." I grabbed the bowls and Sal started putting the dry ingredients into one bowl and made me whip the eggs and sugar until it formed 'stiff peaks' into the other. (guys i literally don't know how to make macaroons so just pretend they put like idk vanilla extract and stuff in it ok ok thanks)

"Here let me help you," Sal said taking the egg whip from me. "Do you want me to put your mix into the piping bag too Sally?" I asked. "If you want to, just don't spill it," he said smiling. We took the baking tray and put the cookie mix into it first then placed it in the oven. "Now we wait," Sal said sitting on the chair in the dinning area. "What do we do now?" I asked Sal. "Well, you're teaching me how to cook dinner but that's not till later so,, wanna play guitar?" Sal asked getting up. "Definitely," I said grabbing our guitars.

"What song can you play Y/N?" Sal said placing his guitar strap over his shoulder. "Hmm,, I can play 'Nobody' by Mitski. It's the only song I know so far on guitar, and it's like one of my favorite songs hah," I said with a slight chuckle. "Dude. Me too. I mean I play more songs than you but," Sal said laughing. I smiled and punched him in the arm. We moved the coffee table in the living room and I started playing the chords.

"My god, I'm so lonely.So I opened the window, to hear sounds of people. To hear sounds of people. Venus planet of love, was destroyed by global warming. Did it's people want to much too? Did it's people want to much?," I sang as we played the guitar. I looked at Sals eyes, they were wide. Did I freak him out? "And I don't want your pity, I just want somebody near me. Guess I'm a coward, I just want to feel alright.," Sal sang. My face lit up with joy, I was having fun. It's like a gush of wind slapped me in the face but in a good way. "And I know no one will save me, I just need someone to kiss, give me one good honest kiss, and I'll be alright." I sang into the pretend mics. "Nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, Ooh nobody! nobody! nobody," Sal and I sang in unity. We sang the rest of the song, jamming out while the macaroons baked in the oven.(just to clarify i wrote this shit at 4 am IM SO SORRY IK ITS CRINGY LET THEM LIVE GN)

"And that's it for tonight, peace out Nockfell!" Sal said panting. I started laughing, the only thing we were singing to was my stuffed animals on my couch. "I'm sure they enjoyed the performance," I said referring to the stuffed crowd. "Hold on, do you smell that? Oh shit! Y/N the macaroons!" Sal said putting his guitar down and rushing to the kitchen. "I mean, we managed to save a few. At least I technically didn't burn them this time," Sal said laughing. We ended up saving 10 macaroons and we filled them up with filling.

"Not bad for your first time, Y/N" Sal said lifting his mask slightly, taking small bites. "Thank you, I have a good mentor" I giggled. (sorry giggle/ chuckle idk wtf PLS) "You did better than Ash," Sal said laughing. "She almost burned the whole place down." Oh.
"Seems like something she'd do," I replied. "She's actually better at cooking cakes and brownies, not macaroons, she sucks" Sal laughed.

"Do you wanna go visit Larry? I'm sure he'd love the three macaroons we have left over," Sal said cleaning up. "Dude yes," I agreed. "Maybe we could go visit Megan," Sal said bagging up the left over macaroons. "Well then, what are we waiting for?" I said getting up. We did go over to the apartments, Larry loved the macaroons. Though, he wanted more but too bad, we didn't have any. We visited Megan, and I saw Gizmo again. I love that cat.

By the time we got back it was night time, so we all know what that means. Time to teach Sally a cooking lesson. "So what we have here today chefs is chicken alfredo pasta with cheese sprinkled on top," I said pointing to the ingredients on the kitchen table. "This time, you won't be able to burn anything. Unless, you burn the chicken." I said laughing. I let Sal boil the water and put the pasta in. "Okay so chicken time, just chop it up and mix it in the pan," I directed. Sal was actually doing not bad. "Oh fuck," Sal jumped. "Did you burn yourself," I asked taking his hand. "Yeah, I touched the side by accident," he replied. I ran cold water over his hand and put cream(wtf do you use for burns? vaseline?) on his hand. "I'll handle the chicken, just drain the pasta okay?" I said wrapping a bandage around his hand. "Thanks Y/N," Sal said draining the pasta.

I finished up the sauce and we ate together. It wasn't bad at all. "You did really good Sal," I said taking a bite of the pasta. "It's all thanks to you," he said with a smile. He lifted his mask up ever so slightly, I could see the smile on his face when he took small bites.

"Thanks for today Sal, I had a lot of fun. And thank you for taking care of me," I said smiling. "Yeah of course, we should do this more often," he replied. "Definitely."

-end of chapter
authors note: i don't know if i should consider this a fluff but idk?? i never wrote fluff before so hopefully it's good and i'll get better at it:p this story is gonna be really long since again i am following the gameplay, and I am trying to build up the bond between y/n and the characters bc i don't want anything to be rushed so do stick around!:D credits to my shawty @MaryamWisam5 for giving me the soup and cookie idea asf😏here's the song Sal and Y/N sang for those who don't know who Mitski is. well that's all i have to say, i hope you plan to stay and keep reading the story! have a great rest of your day/and or night<33