Critical Condition

I ran my hands threw my hair as I looked around at the gang

"I wanna go get her." I said, but they all said no.

"She need sometime to process this. We know she with Ryan, she good." 3three said, and I sighed.

"We all know Ryan's, Kinds safe place. Right now she prolly feel betrayed, and she prolly feel like she can't trust you. Y'all den lied to that girl since she been back." Ben shook his head.

"We ain't lie to her.. we just ain't tell her the truth." Jania said.

KD looked at her like she was dumb.

"Girl y'all lied to her and said Jania was the mom but in reality it was Kay when y'all could've said that, and shit would be skraight right now." KD said, passing me the blunt since I "need it."

"We'an wanna tell her because Kay be on some bullshit. Y'all know the only reason she came back for Kind was because she wanted to sell her into sex trafficking for over a million." I told them, causing them all to look at me.

"You lying right?"

"Hell nawl. I over heard her talking on the phone with some nigga saying that she gone ask me if her and Kind can have a girls day out, but in reality she was gone bring Kind to them people. I kicked ha ass out. Not before I shot her in her leg." I hit the blunt.

"My nigga Kind prolly would've peeped what was going on, and did some shit to get up outta that jam." Baby joe chuckled.

"Prolly." I said, before someone started banging at the door.

We all instantly pulled out our guns until we heard A familiar voice that made 3 go open the door.

"Mane Teelee you almost gotcho ass shot up." I mumbled, taking a puff of the blunt again before passing it. "If you here to talk shit than get the fuck. Honestly."

She been sending shots to me about what happened with Kind all this week, and Ian got time fah the bullshit.

"Aye Chill Top. She look serious." Ben said, staring at Teelee tryna read her.

I looked at her too, sitting up now worried. "Wassup?"

"We needa go to the hospital. Like now."

~

When we arrived to the hospital I was hella confusion. And I was overthinking, making myself believe sumin happened to Kind.

"Kind?" KD said, from behind me.

I looked ahead of me, seeing Kind staring at the wall, blood all over her.

I speed walked to her an she looked at me blankly, tears were streaming down her face still.

"What the hell happened Kind? Who's blood is this?" I questioned.

She looked me dead in the eye. "Ryan's." She whispered, her eyes filling up again as she looked at her bloody hands.

"Ryan? Wha- whatchu mean Ryan's? Is he the one in the hospital?" I questioned.

She blankly looked off, as if she was in shock.

Teelee pulled me to the side. "I talked with the police. She told the police that Ryan's mom shot him after she found out that her husband was cheating and Ryan knew about it." She explained

"Damn." Was all I could really say.

She moved closer to me. "I didn't want Kind to know this but the doctors said he's not looking too good. That he's in critical condition, and if they can't get his heart started.. he won't make it threw the night." She whispered, and I let it sink in.

"He can't die. Kind won't be the same without him." I told her, not knowing how to react.

"I know." She sighed.

A doctor walked past us but I stopped him.

"You have a patient here that goes by Ryan Lee, he's in critical condition.." I told him and he nodded for me to continue. "Do whatever you can, and whatever it takes to keep him alive."

He nodded giving me a closed lipped smile.

"Yes sir."

~