Chapter 1

"We're gonna be late!" A distant voice yelled, stirring Clay from his thoughts. Tubbo was calling him.

Clay stepped away from the mirror with a final look into his own tired eyes, tightening the deep green tie around his neck.

It's teacher night at his son's school tonight.

"I'M COMING!" Clay shouts back running a few fingers through his blond hair

Once down the stairs, he could see an eager little boy standing at the front door waiting- Chad in a yellow and black striped shirt, overtop a blue pair of overalls.

"I'm here... now where's Sapnap?" Clay asks looking around the apartment, but his friend was nowhere to be found

"He left a note for you" Tubbo responds pointing to the paper that sat on our counter. Clay follows the small digit to their kitchen picking up the pink sticky note that was stuck to the wall.

Dream,

Out with Karl for our 1st year anniversary,
Sorry I couldn't go with you, but I bet you will be fine
Plus maybe you'll see him tonight ;)
- Sapnap

Clay rolls his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose. "Such an idiot" he mumbles under his breath. Tossing the note aside he finally heads to the front door "ready to go?"

Tubbo nods excitedly- "okay let's go"

Walking into the school Clays eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. It has always been Tubbos mother attending these events as they have always fallen onto her nights but tonight was different this time. "Which room is your bud? '' Clay asked, glancing down at the boy holding his hand Tubbo met his father's green eyes and put a finger to his chin thinking "it's room 404" Toby smiled yet Clay did not. Shit, that's his classroom. He thinks to himself, then frowns. God, I even have the number memorized.

Shake off the annoying thoughts Clay continues down the hall, Tubbo in hand - eyes skimming the numbers as they pass. 401... 402... 403...
404.

Once both of them had got to the room Tubbo sprinted in right away to meet up with some of his friends but Clay was stuck in his spot, limbs were frozen.

"Hello Mr. Knight," a man says with a waving hand wave

"What?-Oh Uh Hey" Clay stutters

"Are you going to come to my class or stand there like an idiot?" the man laughed at his joke, bringing a light charm to the air.

Being brought back to his normal state, Clay's eyes widened at the sight of a brown-haired man with a pair of white clout goggles sitting perfectly on top. He is wearing black jeans and tucked into them is a nice blue button-up shirt accompanied with a little white name tag that read 'Mr.Davidson'

Of course, it's him, the one person I was trying to avoid... Clay panics within his mind "oh yeah... I was uhh just.." he cuts me off "well it's nice to see you again it's been a while normally it's Mrs. Walker who accompanied Tubbo so it's nice to see you again"

Clay couldn't help but stare at Mr. Davidson- his skin glowed from the fluorescent lights and his teeth were perfectly straight and white damn he looks good "heh yeah normally things like this land on her nights but guess I got lucky this year'' He explains hand going to rubbing the back of his neck.

Mr. Davidson flashes another smile that warms the heart of Clay "Alrighty then I'm excited to have Tubbo in my class for another year he's always so happy and a great student to have around" he praises "now I should go see other parents, but it's nice seeing you again Mr.Knight'' and with that, the Brunette teacher walks away. Clay left with butterflies dancing around his stomach.

The rest of the night was full of first-day expectations and introductions along with many safety and health forms handed out which will take some time to do.... time that he doesn't necessarily have- Loads of videos needing to be edited.

Finally, it was 7:30 pm and many families were packing to go home with sleepy children in their arms. "Tubbo, are you ready to leave?" Clay turns to face the small boy, but instead, meet with an empty seat "Tubbo?" He calls out a little louder now standing, but he was nowhere be seen sending a shock of fear to his system "TUBBO come on this isn't funny" He says in a more stern tone where the hell is he Clay walks towards the door to look for him more but stops when hearing a loud "DADDY" along with someone jumping latching their arms around his legs. Immediately recognizing the voice as Tubbos

"Hey, buddy you scared me, where were you? '' He looked down at the boy picking him up now resting at the side of his hip.

"I found him sneaking around the halls with another one of my students Tommy" Clay turns his head to the other voice speaking- Mr. Davidson

''Oh my god I'm so sorry I should have been paying more attention" Clay's voice is filled with guilt

"No need to apologize it happens all the time" Mr.Davidsons British accent was clear and thick- music to my ears

"Well thank you again"Clay smiles

"No worries'' he responds, placing his delicate hand on my shoulder, sending a great amount of blush to Clay's face. He then quickly turns around and speeds out of the classroom too embarrassed to do anything else.

God the things this man does to me are ridiculous...

---

945 words:)