Chapter 25

With communication, paperwork and countless hours on the phone Clay and Maria had finally concluded the custody manor. It was a difficult conversation to have with Tubbo, but eventually, the little boy agreed and was excited to be with his dad forever now.

The process of this all took over three weeks and during this time Clay had managed to book a flight to England, pack the bags he needed and arrange a place for Tubbo to stay- The small boy chose an extra long sleepover with Tommy of course.

August 16- his plane departed today and using nervousness to describe Clay in this current moment would be an understatement. The blond shook with utter fear and excitement as the clock slowly ticked away.

Florida's airport was a good hour away giving Clay a few sparing moments to think more about his plan. He had thought about the trip for quite some time now, but the words he was supposed to confess to the other needed to be perfect- A symphony of words that blended into a song of love. Clay couldn't mess up what could be his only chance.

High up in the clouds he sores across the water and land. Clay leans back into his seat and thinks. This entire trip holds many risks he could have lost Tubbo during the custody case with Maria as well as the risk he took on corrupting his career as a faceless YouTuber while navigating through the public. 

It was a thought that replied far too much for one's comfort, but Clay feared the risk of rejection or worse finding out George moved on with somebody else. His heart pained at the idea of another person loving the brunette.

"For love" he mumbled, staring out into the clouded sky, a flock of birds soaring by. His eyes drooped into a state of tiredness "for my sanity." Clay finds peace as he slowly drifts into sleep; the last thought on his mind was the image of a pretty brunette man.
...

"Hello this is your pilot speaking, the flight to London England will land in about 10 minutes."

Clay's eyes flutter open waking up from the intercom he lifts his head from the window while rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. With his vision, restored Clay takes a chance to peer down at the land below where tall builds and bridges made the lovely country of England.

A tap on his shoulder startles Clay, his head whips left to meet eyes with a small child. "Excuse me sir" The little girl spoke softly "I dropped my teddy under your seat can you please grab it?"

Clay smiles sweetly "Of course sweetie" He then proceeds to somewhat awkwardly reach under the seat his fingers grasping onto the soft material of a teddy bear "Is this him?" he asks.

The once shy demeanour changes within the little girl, her cheeks lift into a large smile while her head nods fast "YES!" She takes the bear hugging it close to her chest. "His name is Billzo and I'm Aimsey '' She introduces her hand sticking out formally to shake.

"Well nice to meet you Aimsey" Clay reciprocates her action by covering his much larger hand with hers in a handshake. "And nice to meet you too Billzo" Clay playfully shakes the teddy bear's paw as well earning a cheerful giggle.

The little girl's parents call her back over. Aimsey meets eyes once more with Clay giving him a small nod before skipping off back to her mother. Clay's smile remains for the rest of the fight and trip out of the airport.

He had gotten George's new address a week ago from Wilbur, a close friend of the brunette, who happily agreed to hand over the location mentioning something about "Saving a true love story" and "I got to play cupid once more". The statements were silly but they still pulled a laugh from the blond.

After an hour ride in a taxi, Clay finally stood outside a tall blue townhouse. The sun was shining and the birds chirped flying around the trees. It was a beautiful place with a flower garden out front and a bright yellow door with a welcome mat in front. Clay's breath shook his entire body, trembling with nerves.

An uncertain fist raises to the door landing a solid knock three times against the wood. Shuffling could be heard on the other side and then Clay looked down at the golden nob watching it as it slowly turned and then opened.

"Clay?"