Chapter 6

Clay carried Tubbo to the back seat making sure his son was buckled in before rounding the car and hopping in as well. George did the same on his right

"So we can either do something fancy or just go to McDonald's" Clay suggests his hand stretching across behind George's seat to reverse out of the parking lot he smiles to himself seeing the slight blush that dust across George's cheeks.

"Daddy I want McDonald's" Tubbo shouts from behind his legs kissing the seat in excitement.

"What would you like Mr. Davidson," Clay asks fingers drumming across the steering wheel

George's eyes briefly meet Clay's green ones "McDonald sounds good to me I don't need anything fancy," he remarks "also you can call me George no need to be so formal."

Clay smiled at his response. It was something he wasn't used to. During his marriage, Maria always wanted to go somewhere fancy stating that fast food was for the poor, and when it came to any gifts Clay would some stupidly expensive jewelry anything under a thousand dollars was not acceptable in her eyes. So Clay smiled wide and bright because it was refreshing to have someone not care about those things.

They park at the nearest McDonald's, Clay jumps out first quickly running over to the passenger's side; opening the door for George whose cheeks grow a dark shade of red mumbling a quiet "Thank you."

Tubbo receives some help out of his seat and they all walk together into the restaurant

"I WANT A HAPPY MEAL" Tubbo shouts running ahead, his eyes glued to the selection of toys on display.

When it was their turn Clay greets the cashier with a small smile reading out his order ordered, Tubbos being a simple cheeseburger happy meal, George getting a 10 pack of nuggets with fries and "I would just like a Big Mac please" He kindly says to the cashier as they simply nod their head and type in the order.

"That will be £25.54" the man mumbled, most likely tired from working all day. Out of the corner of his eye, Clay notices George taking out his card ready to play but the blond pushes the hand away tapping his debit card on the machine taking the receipt.

"You didn't have to pay you to know" the Brit states looking up with a pout

"I did have to and I honestly don't mind you're worth it" Clay smirks enjoying the constant blush that once again appears

Sitting at a small booth in the corner Clay helps Tubbo open up his food and watches as the small boy devours it with all his fingers and face smeared in ketchup "It's really good" I say with a mouthful of food which causes both Clay and George to laugh.

"So George, what were your plans today before I ruined them?" Clay curiously asks tossing a fry into his mouth

"Oh it wasn't anything... just a date" George explains while looking away embarrassed.

Clay could feel his heart crack at the words a fire of hope that once was a massive beast now shrunken to a flickering flame, "Oh I'm so sorry" He apologised struggling to keep his voice from breaking eyes cast downwards.

"Oh Clay don't apologise I was kinda hesitant on going anyways... and I'm enjoying tonight" George places his hand on top of Clay the creases on his face becoming more prominent as he gives him a warm toothy smile.

"Who was the lucky lady?" Clay asks, the touch of the other sending sparks throughout his body he focused on the man in front of him and not the pain of his shattering heart.

"It was this guy I met" Clays' eyes widened with shock written through his expression, though he had his suspicions about George's sexuality he never truly knew what the man preferred until now and it was quite a relief his tense mind relaxes.