Chapter 5

"Okay, class we have a couple more minutes until recess so let's start cleaning up our art tables" George explains standing in the middle of his classroom with scraps of paper scattered across the tiled floor and glue stuck to the wooden surfaces of the tables, but unfortunately for George and his terrible concept of time the bell rung not even a minute later sending all of the students out the door to catch some fresh air.

"Of course" he mutters to himself rolling his eyes as he bends over to start picking up scrap papers and other art supplies. Luckily the janitor comes in a few moments later offering some much-needed help to the brunette teacher.

The next thing he does once the final table is whipped down is set up his projector so a movie could be played after recess. He wanted just a simple and easy end-of-the-day activity and luckily his students loved movies.

Once that was done he sat at his desk leaning back in his chair George opened his phone using the rest of his free time to check all of his notifications. Most were from Twitter while others had been emails, but there was one banner that stood out from the rest.

You got a match

At first, he wasn't sure what it meant, but it soon clicked when George remembered the night he had spent with a friend who insisted on something about "needing to get out there" and set up a tinder account for him much to his dismay. George rolled his eyes at the memory- yet decided to click on the notification anyways, it opened the app and the person's profile was now presented in front of him.

"Noah Faulk Age: 22
Loves long walks on the beach and playing the piano and I'm looking for a nice guy to go out on a date"

The bio seemed to be very generic, but what caught George's attention the most was the man's photo. He looked like a kind man with black hair slicked back and circular glasses resting neatly against the bridge of his nose. George studied his photo closer with a tint of blush coating his cheeks. Noah was an attractive man and anyone would be a fool to turn down such a match.

"You know what? fuck it I'm going to do it" He mumbles to himself. It had been quite some time since George had stepped into the dating field as other things and another person had been on his mind quite often, but he was lonely and hoping to meet someone nice.

George types a quick 'Hey' before tossing his phone back onto his desk sinking further into his chair. He groans, rubbing the tiredness away from his brown eyes.

"This is dumb he's not even going to respond" He mumbles to himself shaking his head, but suddenly three dots appear indicating a response being written.

"Hey, cutie, how are you? The message read and George's cheeks flush a deeper shade of red

George decides to go the simple route, typing out. "I'm good, how are you?"

And once again the three dots reappear anticipation streams through George's veins waiting for the response "That's good, I guess this app decided we're a good match :)"

"Yeah! I didn't even think I would find anymore tbh, but here I am"

"Don't say that, you're hella adorable I bet all the guys would love to take you out, especially me"

Noah and George managed to text a bit more before the bell rang and the teacher had to go back to his job, but before that, he did agree to go for a nice dinner tonight, of course having it be later due to a meeting with Clay.

Everyone piled back inside and found their assigned spots. George moved his mouse over to the play button and watched as the frozen picture on the board started to move.

....

The movie had ended, and George moved his eyes over to the circular clock above the door. They had about 5 more minutes to get ready for home time.