Chapter 17

After hours of editing his videos and a stream, Clay concludes the day with Tubbos tutoring. Clay's eyes lifted to watch Tubbo glue the final pieces of paper on his art project while George sat next to him observing the boy's actions with a proud smile.

"Does this look, good daddy?" Tubbo questions lifting his art excitedly.

Nodding Clay's smile grows "It looks really good bud!" happy with the compliments Tubbo then proceeds to ask Mr.Davidson the same question.

"Yes it looks very nice...now how about we finish your math?" George suggests pulling out a package of work from his bag.

When the stacks of papers appear Tubbo groans, snatching the work with a few grumbles before scribbling answers for the first equation.

A knock echoed through the apartment Clay stands to answer, but George interrupts with the palm of his hand connecting with Clay's chest "It's okay I got it" He smiles exiting the dining room.

Watching the brunette leave causes Clay's stomach to churn uncomfortably and when the voice of Maria pains his ears he quickly stands sprinting over to the door coming face to face with his ex and a very awkward-looking George.

"Shit" he mumbles running a few fingers through his hair.

''Ah, there you are Clay! '' Maria greets with her signature smirk. She steps past both men allowing herself to enter with judgemental eyes.

Clay sighs, shutting the front door, his head banging against the wooden barrier. A warm hand is felt across his back George's smooth voice brings a blanket of comfort "Are you okay?"

Turning his head to the brunette Clay gives him an apologetic look "I'm sorry about her I completely forgot she was coming to pick up Tubbo."

George gives his look of sympathy "It's okay Clay I'm just worried about you I know she can be quite..."

"Difficult" Clay finishes with a humorous chuckle.

"Yeah that"

Nodding the blond features turn to a kind smile "Thank you" he whispers.

"Of course Clay, I care about you."

Their fingers brush up against one another hearts beating the same rhythm of affection and admiration, but their moment did not last long. Tubbos cries and sniffles washing those emotions over with worry.

"TUBBO LETS GO!" Maria's voice raises as she nudges the crying boy into his room.

Tubbo cries more "I don't want to" He refuses and tries his best to fight back.

Clay feels a wave of anger burn deep inside, he pushes past Maria scooping the disheveled boy into his arms "shhh it's okay buddy" he soothes.

Tubbo tightens the grip he has around his father's neck crying into his shoulder " I don't want to go" His cries are muffled by the fabric of Clay's hoodie.

The sight broke Clay's heart; he hated the situation he had put Tubbo through; it was not fair for him or anyone else and it only seemed to have caused problems and tears. "I know buddy, but we don't have a choice and you will be back on Monday" He tries to keep his voice light and cheerful, but on the inside he was dying slowly.

"O-okay" Tubbo sniffles quietly sliding down from his dad's arms and stumbling into his room to pack.

Maria sighs impatiently, her heel clicking against the ground "He is never going to grow up if you baby him, Clay." She snips angrily.

Clay turns to the woman fist clenched tight by his sides "He's five Maria" he states "He still needs comfort and love no matter what!"

Maria rolls her eyes and instead focuses her attention on the brunette who had been silently watching the interaction with wide eyes. "So what are you doing here Mr. Davidson?"

George clears his throat, his hand lifting to nervously rub the back of his neck. "I couldn't tutor Tubbo yesterday so we moved it to today., '' he explains.

She nods "So you two are not a thing?" The blunt assumption caused Clay to choke on a breath of air and George to let out a confused laugh.

"What..- no" Clay stutters "No we aren't" It pained him to say those words as he wishes the answer could be different. Maria tucks a blond curl behind her ear glancing towards Clay to give him a skeptical look raising one of her eyebrows.

"Oh well," she asks George, "Would you like to go out sometime then? I've always had a thing for teachers." She suggests, flirtatiously taking a step closer to the shy brunette who has now lost all the colour to his complexion.

Jealousy creeps inside of Clay clawing at his insides like a rabid animal, his heart thumps loudly against his chest, a storm of heavy emotions raining down he watches with hateful eyes as Maria continues to lean towards the Brit.

"I'm ready" Tubbos voice interrupts lifting the weight of the men's shoulders as well as causing Maria to back away.

"Well, it's time for you guys to go," Clay rambles, leading them both to the door. He makes sure to give Tubbo a big hug before he leaves, reminding him it's only two days of being away.

Once they were gone Clay fell back onto the door, his eyes shut to stop the tears that threatened to fall. "I am so sorry about her" he mumbles, opening his green eyes and seeing George in front of him with a soft smile.

"Its okay Clay"
Clay nods as he studies the man in front of him every detail that has Clay's heart crumbling by the second  "God you're so handsome" the words slipped past his mouth before he could think and the room fell silent, their eyes both wide open.

"What?" George stumbles through a nervous laugh.

"Nothing it was nothing"  Clay mumbles, his mind pounding against his skull in a scolding hatred for himself.

George laughs once more taking a small step towards the blond, his lips dancing to a playful smirk "Oh no I definitely heard something, care to repeat yourself, Mr.Knight" He chimes his head dropping into a tilt, eyes glimmering with something Clay reconsigned as admiration.

Gaining his own confidence Clay lifts his hand to brush a path from George's cheek to his jaw with his knuckle "I said you are very handsome Mr.Davidson" His voice drops eyes impaling the features of the brunette.

It was a bold move, but from the dark blush of red that coated George's face, Clay knew no mistakes were being made and that they both felt that spark tickling down their spine.

"Let me take you on a date" Clay dares to ask.

"A date?" George repeats his voice a mere whisper "the last time I went on one of those it didn't go well."

Clay chuckles the palm of his hand now resting against the other's jaw "It will be something simple, a wedding in fact. Music, dancing, and drinks . It should be a fun weekend!"

George's eyes cast off into the distance his mind drifted off into deep thought "Okay I'll go" he decides with an excited smile.

"Perfect I'll send you the details" Grabbing George's bag and escorting him outside of the apartment Clay grins, his heart pounding with a heavy beat of love "Don't worry it will be fun" He adds as he hands him the bag.

"Goodbye Clay"

"Goodnight George"