Chapter 26

It's been almost a month since George started his new life back in England. It had been a nostalgic trip back as he entered the familiar place of his hometown- It was all the same, but yet so different a bittersweet feeling that stung across his mind.

Perhaps it was because he had left London so many years ago or because the place he found most comfortable was not a building with four walls and a roof, but a person who is four thousand miles away.

George sat alone in his house, his cat curled peacefully by his side. He had started to prepare classes for the upcoming school year and with his promotion- head of the kindergarten department George had stacks of work to get through before September quickly rolled around.

He missed his students back in Florida- watching them grow up and move on to first grade had sadded George greatly, but it also gave him a sense of pride knowing he played a part in the young children's development.

Typing away on his laptop, George's stomach growled a demand for food needing to be fulfilled. With not much in his house and utter laziness, George decides it was best to just order a pizza. He reaches across the couch being careful of the sleeping kitten as he retrieves his phone.

Turning the device on George's eyebrows kisses his hairline as he stares at the empty notification wall. Looking at the time he expected dozens of calls and messages from an all too familiar blond man, but to his surprise there was nothing.

"Maybe he moved on," George mumbled to himself. His words held a sense of sadness though knowing they could never be together it pained George to think about Clay with someone else. To know the kisses he once received now are placed on another pair of lips.

Ghosting him was for the best he thought. George loved Clay deeply- he still does, but a 4000-mile distance would never work, and George refused to put his mental health along with Clays at risk. Despite this, his heart still ached in his absence and he couldn't help but miss his usual persistence.

George's mother had visited yesterday, missing her son greatly. She brought over many various things to help decorate the place along with a few cookies she had made the night before.

His place is empty and quiet - something most people would enjoy, but George craves the loud chaotic side of life. The side where living rooms are filled with laughter and eating dinner comes with lively and interesting conversations. He knew he would meet somebody new eventually, but it was hard to imagine the man he loved being replaced by a stranger. George could almost feel the ghost of his touch - his fingers grazing his cheekbones, the feather fleeting feeling of Clay's lips on his own.

The day passed on and George decided he could no longer dwindle on those moments as they rest within the past. Calling the pizza place his food is expected to arrive soon.

A few moments later a loud knock beats against his door. George's eyebrows furrowed in confusion "The pizza couldn't be here yet?" He mumbled to himself as he pushed his laptop away and threw on a sweater.

He walks to his front foray and opens the door, expecting a delivery person holding his box of delicious pizza, but instead is met with a tall dirty blond male. Their green eyes are all so familiar.

"Clay?"

Here George stood face to face with the man he left behind 4000 miles away - staring at his freckled face.

To another person, he might not look that great - his slightly bloodshot eyes shadowed by the deep circles beneath them, his shoulders slumped forward - but to George, he was still the most handsome man he had ever laid eyes on. And George was the only one that could see the man he truly was behind it all.

"Wha-what are you doing here" His words stumbled not sure what else to say or do - the feeling in his stomach turned from hunger to nerves, George's heart crawling up his throat, threatening to burst from the pure shock and elation to see someone he had been trying so hard to forget standing right in front of him.

Clay doesn't respond, but instead grabs George by the cheeks and connects their lips. He didn't think twice before kissing him back.

Clay's soft lips against his own - it was a feeling George had desperately missed. Clay steps closer, now in the house, deepening the kiss and their saliva mixes. His favourite concoction.

Out of breath, George pulled away, foreheads still touching - Clays' hot breath tingling on his lips. "Wow, I missed that," Clay whispered, his arms wrapped around George's waist.

"Me too" George felt breathless.

He pressed his lips back into Clays, savouring the moment, this time him being the one to separate.

"Clay" George's fingers run through his hair. He hums against my neck prepping delicate pecks.

"Why are you here?"

"I couldn't not be, George." He breathed, pulling away. His eyes searched the other's face as if he were trying to memorise every line and spot he could see.

"I have never loved someone as deeply and fiercely as I love you - not even her. And...¨ his voice faltered for a moment, hands moving to delicately hold George's cheeks. "and that was really hard to come to terms with. Especially when you left. I just- I just can't lose you. You're supposed to be mine for the rest of my life - I can just feel it. And I've known since the day I first laid eyes on you, first heard your voice - felt your touch. Nothing has ever fit me like you have."

He was almost out of breath, eyes watering with emotion. George had an indescribable feeling in his chest and throat, how was he even supposed to respond?

"I want to be with you. To stay with you - even if that meant uprooting the life I had before you. I would do that for you - over and over again.¨ He swallowed hard and took a deep breath "if you will have me."

George didn't even hesitate - for even in all his years teaching kids the right way to solve their questions, he had never been more sure of the answer.

"Of course, I will, Clay. I love you."