Chapter 19

Sapnap paces around the room mumbling to himself with two ties tightly grasped between his hands. It was his wedding day and clearly, the ravenett had been showing tremendous signs of nervousness.

"I like the orange one." Clay suggests taking a sip of his drink as he leans further back into the leather couch he's seated on watching his friend wear a path into the wooden floor.

Lifting the flame-coloured tie Sapnap wraps it around his neck turning towards his friend "You sure?... Do you think Karl will like it?" He asks, standing in front of the body mirror.

Clay sighs, throwing back the last bit of his whisky as he stands in front of him tying the fabric around the others neck "Yes, now go out there your future husband is waiting... Don't want to be late to your own wedding." He says pushing Sapnap out the door and to his spot at the end of the aisle.

The venue chosen is grand - a beautiful mansion Karl had found a couple of months ago during the planning process. It was filled with many art pieces and modern architecture much fancier than Clay's small apartment.

Clay stands to Sapnap's right, the spot of the best man. He looks across the row of family and friends, his green eyes landing on one specific person, brown locks have neatly been done and a dark blue suit complementing the pale complexion of his skin.

George's eyes meet Clays both of their cheeks change to a hue of pink. Clay's smile grows when George mouths the words "you look good" Clay reciprocates the action his heart warms at the other's smile.

Soon enough the music starts to play and everyone stands up facing the large doors Karl steps into the room he's dressed in a light purple suit with a white button-up under, complemented with a black bowtie.

Sapnap already started to cry at the sight of his fiancee, soon-to-be husband, both of them grinning ear to ear like lovesick idiots.

The vows and "I do's" were said both grooms running down the aisle excited for this new chapter in their life. Clay's teeth almost start to ache at the sweetness shared between the couple, his own eyes watering with joyous tears.

The‌ ‌after-party‌ ‌took place in a large‌ ‌ballroom‌ ‌filled‌ ‌with‌ ‌many‌ ‌familiar‌ ‌faces.‌ Lots of friends and families made the trip down to celebrate. The first dance shared between the newlyweds was first, a romantic slow song playing over the speakers. At the same time, Karl and Sapnap sway to the rhythm of hushed words and small kisses shared.

The two are madly in love- from 10 years of friendship to 6 of dating and 1 of fiancees they now are officially one anothers for the rest of their lives.Their song finishes with one last dip of Karl before upbeat tunes dance their way by.

Clay smiles, patting Sapnap on the back before striding his way to the bar. "AYEEE DREAM" Quackitiy's voice boomed off the walls, the more petite man stumbling over clearly a bit tipsy from frequent trips to this exact spot.

"Hey Big Q" Clay greets, he pours both of them a drink. They clink the glasses together before taking a sip.

"I can't believe they got married without me!" Quackity pouts jokingly, "We were supposed to all get married" his words slur together mind off into another universe as he mumbles about a false reality.

Clay laughs at this, nudging the other "Wasn't it last week that you were an independent man who doesn't need anyone?" He remarks with a smirk.

Quackity shrugged far too intoxicated to understand. Clay laughs at his friend once more, drowning the rest of his drink. Watchful eyes search through the sea of dancers trying to spot a certain brunette.

"Have you seen George?" Clay wonders out loud, but the question is passed into the air as the man beside him is passed out head fallen onto the sticky surface of the bar. Clay shakes his head and stands.

Clay dodges drunk dancers and noisy aunts in search of George until finally, he spots the man off in the hall conversing with someone "You're a hard man to come across Mr. Davidson" Clay says from behind his hand gently resting on the small of the others back.

"Or do you just need glasses Mr. Knight" George remarks back the corner of his lips tugging into a smirk.

Clay's presence seemed to have scared the person George was talking with away though Clay couldn't help a ping of jealousy flow through his veins. George noticed the furrow in the blond's eyebrows and the man leaned forwards pecking a kiss onto Clay's freckled cheek. "Don't worry he's not my type."

A scoff pushes past Clay's lips though he couldn't help but smile at George's suggestive words "Let's go dance." Wrapping a protective arm around the brunette's waist Clay leads them to the dance floor and just as fate destined it to be a slow song starts to play.

Hands rested on George's waist arms wrapped around Clays' neck they sway to the music allowing the melody to control their movements. "Thank you for tonight Clay" George's voice is just above a whisper, his lips pulled into a contagious smile.

Green eyes meet brown and the world stops for Clay, his heart hammers against his chest, heavy rain of emotions pouring down. He wanted to confess right then and there of his love and pour his soul out onto the man before him.

"Of course, there isn't anyone else I would bring" He bites his tongue fear weighing the words down like an anchor to keep a ship at bay. "Hey, George... Can I take you somewhere?" his heartbeat increases mind moving a thousand miles per hour, fear, worry, excitement.

George nods and they leave through the back door into the night hand in hand, past present future following them with every step.