Chapter 15

Small brown eyes open and a yawn passes through Tubbos lips. His hands lift to rub away the sleep that clouds his tired eyes.

Tubbo looks around confused. He wonders with a fuzzed mind what had caused him to awaken, but once he hears the sound of light chatter outside his bedroom door Tubbo sits up finding the source of his awakening.

Sleepily he removes the Minecraft bee blanket that covered his body pushing it off to the side before swinging his legs over the small bed. He stands with a slight wobble before catching his balance and tip-toeing to the door.

The voices are quiet, but if he listened close enough Tubbo could just make out their faint words.

"I just love him so much Sap" He hears his dad's voice sigh.

"Why don't you ask him out then?" Uncle Sapnaps voice is heard next.

Tubbos head tilts in confusion wondering who this 'Him' is.

"But he's Tubbos Teacher!"

Tubbos eyes almost bulge out of his head at his father's sentence

'Mr.Davidion' He thought to himself.

Tubbo had known for a while that his dad likes boys and for him, it was never a big deal, Clay had always made sure Tubbo grew up in an accepting home and Tubbo learned well to always accept him for who he is not caring about Clay's sexuality.

"Benson, does this mean Daddy loves Mr.Davidson?" He asks his cute little duck.

"I think he does too!" He giggles, heartfully thinking about his Dad and favourite teacher together.

Running back to the door Tubbo waits for more information, his ear pressed against the wooden material.

"I don't think I'm going to ask him Sap, Hell it is too risky and I can't do that to Tubbo if things get messy," Clay complains, Tubbo could hear the disappointment lacing each word.

Tubbo lifts his ear from the door when their conversation switches to something boring.

Standing in the middle of my room with his finger tap against his chin while the other rested on his hip he pondered intensely for a moment and then suddenly his face brightened into a large smile, a little laugh leaving his lips. "I have an idea Benson" He cheers with delight.

....

"Don't say that Benson my ideas are always the best" Tubbo pouts at his insult "Take it back"

....

"Okay, I forgive you!" He quickly hugs Benson with a squeeze.

"I will tell you my plan right now-" Just as he was about to continue he gets cut off by the jigging handle of his door. Jumping back at the sudden action Tubbo scurries into bed throwing the blanket over the top of him, sealing his eyes shut.

"Tubbo?" Someone whispers and he recognizes it as his dad's soft voice, the room's floorboards creaking under each step he takes.

"I know you're awake buddy I could hear you talking" Clay chuckles.

'Darn I've been caught' Tubbo thinks to himself before slowly turning back around to face his dad who is now crouched beside his bed.

"What are you doing up bud?" Clay asks calmly and Tubbos' body relaxes at his soft tone as the fear of being in trouble washes away.

Tubbo quickly thinks of a good excuse, a perfect one coming straight to mind "I had a bad dream" he explains, his bottom lip poking out.

Clay's features turn to worry "I'm sorry buddy" his hand immediately lifts to rub comforting circles on his son's back, even though Tubbo didn't have an actual nightmare, the action was still nice.

"It was scawy daddy" Tubbo keeps up with the lie adding his best baby voice for extra cuteness. 

"Awe that's no good do you want me to lay with you so no more bad dreams come?" Tubbo nods his head and his once pouting face changes into a huge smile. "Okay I will" Clay lifts Tubbo from the bed laying them both backdown and under the blanket.

With Benson tight against his chest, Tubbo cuddles up close to his dad, Clay's arms wrapped around him protectively

"Are you good now?" Clay checks one more time, starting to rub his back once more.

Tubbo mumbles a "Yes" snuggling closer.

Moments like these are what Tubbo cherishes‌ ‌most. Being an only child with divorced parents is hard. He is still young and new to this world, but sometimes his life becomes lonely and sad.

With a mother who is always working or with her new husband and his kids and a dad that's either sleeping or editing his videos all day long Tubbo is often left to watch tv or play alone and there were the only odd occasions when his Uncle sap and Karl who join him, but it's not the same.

Sometimes the poor boy is left feeling forgotten. Tubbo thinks more and maybe if he got Mr.Davidson and his dad together he would finally be seen.

The thought of a full loving family fills his young imaginative mind just as sleep starts to take over his body. The calming sound of his dad's humming is the last thing Tubbo hears before letting himself fall into a deep state of rest.