Magic Space Lady's Son: The Base Tour

Word Counter: 1020

"We'll be going to tour the country's most advanced base, cadets. Now get ready, plane leaves from hanger 5 in 30 minutes. Look presentable, we will be meeting some important people today."
They parted ways and an hour later, they were walking into the world's best air force base. Thhey  were greeted by their tour guide who took them around the museum and then lead them into tthe training area, where they were met with a certain man.
"I present to you, Colonel James Rhodes."
Rhodes turned around with a smile, after speaking with a colleague. He walks over to the group and stops infront of them. "Hi, I hope you've had a good day here so far. I was wondering if anyone would like to show their sparring skills off while we wait for some important people to turn up. Would anyone like to try it on the mat?"
Most people raised their hands, but Peter wasn't one of them. He didn't want his uncle to recognise him and call him (or his rank) out.
"How about you in the front. What's your name?" Rhodey pointed at Flash. Oh no. The 4 years that Peter has been training, all Flash would do is pick on him, because Peter is the scrawny kid who was too scared to break the rules for fun.
"Flash, Sir."
"Nice to meet you Flash, pick a partner."
Flash's eyes looked over the crowd and suddenly a slight smirk formed on his face. "I choose Parker, Sir."
Peter sighed and stepped forward, knowing this wouldn't go well. As soon as he started shuffling his way from the back, Rhodey's eyes lit up and he tried to hold in a laugh, as did others in the group. Rhodes because he knew that Peter could whoop that boy's ass, but the others because they thought the opposite. They both removed their jackets and stepped onto the mat, taking their positions. Rhodes shouted 'Start' and Flash immediately advanced, most of his hits being flawed.
"Attack him Peter. Go on."
Peter sighed and lightly punched Flash in the ribs, making him stumble back a few feet.
"Peter stop being pathetic I know you can do better than that."
Peter hesitated, before kicking Flash in the kneecaps, making him completely fall over, but he springed up quickly.
"Stop pulling your punches Peter you're making yourself look weak."
Peter flipped over Flash before elbowing him at a pressure point, making his back arch and his legs feel weak.
"Sir as nice as your words are, I don't need them right now." Peter said, sounding fed up. Flash spun around andd uppercut Peter who kicked Flash in the chest, launching himself back in the process and using the momentum to do a backflip.
"Peter stop degrading yourself and fight like you fight with Bucky, no hesitations, no holdbacks. I'll tell your mother."
"SHUT UP RHODEY" Peter snapped, just defending himself from Flash's lousy attacks. "And no telling my mum, I'd get my fucking ass whooped before I could blame you."
Everyone gasped at the outburst, wondering what the superior, who somehow slipped away without being notcied, would do when he found out about Peter's behaviour.
Flash snickered, getting more agitated with himself not being able to land a blow on the 'scrawny nerd of a cadet'. "Parker doesn't have any parents, they died and then his aunt and uncle killed themselves to get away from him."
This angered Peter, he stopped defending himself and when Flash hit him, made no effort to fakely get pushed back. Punch after punch landed on Peter's chest but he never once flinched or stumbled. His breathing became heavier as his eyes darkened, and Rhodes noticed this change. Before he could voice his concerns, Peter had pushed a hand into Flash's chest and he went flying to the other side of the room, sliding down out of the dent in the wall.
It  was his fault his family was broken up.
His mum was always away to get away from him
His dad abandoned him for some younger kid
It was all. his. fault.
"PETER" The colonel trying to pull him out of his trance by snapping infront of him. "Peter calm down, I know I said don't pull your punches but also don't use your full force, you could kill someone."
His words fell on deaf ears as Peter stepped off of the mat, advancing to Flash who was cowering, trying to sink into the floor. His SO thought this would be the perfect time to re-enter the room, and started screaming at Peter about 'disobedience' as the boy walked over.
The taller boy was picked up by his collar and thrown across the room, Peter trying to control his anger as he clawed at his own ears instead of hurting others.
"Peter."
That voice, it was different from Rhodey's. It was his mum's. His neck snapped around to see his mum standing his open arms at the other side of the room. He ran unnaturally fast and jumped into her arms, koala hugging her like there was no tomorrow.
"I hurt him, I hurt him, I'm so sorry. I hurt him; I'm a monster." Peter kept chanting when he let go of the hug. He was running both hands through his hair when someone stepped up from the group.
"Peter it's totally normal, if someone spoke about my family like that I would get angry as well. You've been dealing with Flash for 4 years."
Someone else spoke from the small crowd. "I thought you would've snapped in the first 4 months, not been able to keep your calm for 4 whole years with no-one doing anything about it."
There were murmurs of agreement from most people, Peter turned round with red, puffy eyes but a small smile. "Thanks guys, it means a lot. I've wasted your tour time so if it's ok with you guys, I was thinking mini Q and A with these two behind me and then pizza?"
Everyone agreed and Carol come up behind her son, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.
The day went great, they returned to their camp learning the scrawny kid could pack a powerful punch, and his family only motivated that.