The World Needs Iron-Man

Word Counter: 1079

Rubble flew everywhere, sharp pieces of armour and rocks impaled the ground.

Bodies littered the battlefield and the smell of blood was overwhelming to a certain spider as he fought. Peter continued his way through the battlefield, trying to protect the gauntlet, but also making sure to keep an eye on Mr. Stark.

It felt like forever since the spider-ling had last saw Tony, but to be honest 5 years was a pretty long time. He ran through the crowd, trying his best to reach his destination, and let out a surprised yelp when blue rays flashed infront of his eyes.

Striking blue beams shook the planet. A group of enemy soldiers came out of nowhere and piled on top of Peter, crushing him under.

"Karen, Activate Instant Kill" Was yelled, but it was slightly muffled under the growing pile of bodies.

"Activated" before 6 spider legs come out from the back of his suit, implaing the aliens on top of him, getting rid of some of the pressure.

The battle went on and on, but Peter watched as Dr. Strange held up one finger to Tony, and the former nodded, so Peter knew what he had to do. After a few signals, the spider embelem from his chest poopped out, and his little drone was sent to do it's work.

"I am inevitable" Thanos snapped but nothing happened, and the Titan turned to Stark, who just shook his head. Heads turned in Strange's direction, but he was in a trance, somehow using the power of the time stone without it being on him, but he quickly snapped out of it, and held up two fingers, confusing everyone except from Tony, Peter and the Guardians.

A small crackling sound emitted from up above as Peter swung down, his bright smile and floppy curls surprising the heroes, they were fighting with a teenager.

But the most surprising thing was obviously the gauntlet wrapped around his left hand, streaks of power making it's way up his arm and over to the side of his face, which wasn't contorting in pain like people thought it would. He just smiled once more before saying something "I accept my fate Mr. Thanos" and snapped. The army disappearing as Peter stumbled backwards, leaning on a rock to keep himself stable. Tony rushed over to him.

"No, no no Peter. It was meant to be me, always meant to be me kid."

Peter just chuckled and smiled back, not being able to form any words, but Tony continued rambling as everyone came up behind him to watch the scene before them.

"Peter we won, we won Bambi. I'm sorry Pete, I'm so sorry."

"Hey Tony" Peter exhaled, struggling to breathe. Tony laid his hand over Peter's spider on the middle of his suit "Karen?"

"Life functions critical." The robot's voice rang out across the silent battlefield, everyone mourning for the loss of the youngest member.

"Love you kid, you can rest now." Tony sniffled and picked up one of Peter's hands, pulling it to his own face as people kneeled as a sign of respect.

"I may only be an AI, but I loved Peter just as much as any of you. I'm very sorry for your loss, but he has requested that at the untimely event of his death, the team watches a video. Please unattach 'Droney' from the chest-piece and plug the right web-shooter to access the video. Rest in Peace Peter Benjamin Parker." Karen spoke out again, and Tony looked up before prying the metal from the middle of the suit and grabbed the right wrist, slotting the leg in perfecly, and a light blue hologram showed up, revealing Peter sitting cross legged with an orange background behind him.

"Hi everyone, I'm Peter. I've been watching from inside this soul stone and I saw that people are trying to get the stones and snap tomorrow so I figured I'd make this, because apparently the only functions left in my suit and video capturing and the heater, which isn't very needed because it's roasting in this place. I've been in here for 5 years and the first day I got a choice to pick someone to watch over, and I chose my Aunt May. Sadly it was only 8 months before I had to choose someone else as a result of her death.

I chose Mr. Stark, and I've been watching every-day, watching his family blossom and I've also been able to see the progress he's made. Dr. Strange talks about how there's only one chance out of something crazy like 14 million and if he told us, it wouldn't come true, but if that reality means that anyone else dies, like Mr. Stark, or Ms. Romanoff or even someone I've never met before like Dr. Banner or King T'Challa, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, so I'm going to be the, in Mr. Stark's words, the ' little self-sacrificing piece of shit' then so be it. I'll be that self-sacrificing crazy teenager that believed that he could save the world by himself before he learned what support was. Damn right I'll be that guy, because I already am that guy. I run around in spandex everyday for flip's sake, there's not much more crazy to add to it.

Oooh it's midnight, it just turned to August 10th, I'm officially 21! Maybe Mr. Stark would let me drink now, actually no last time I got drunk I ended up getting in a fist fight with Flash and he ended up with a broken nose... sorry I'm spiralling, it happens quite a lot. So to whoever's watching this, it might be tomorrow, well now later today, or you could be watching it 10 or 50 years into the future. Peter Parker, signing off for the last time, and let's hope that everyone's ok.. if not for your sake then for my peace of mind."

The speech earned a few watery chuckles at some points, but hte hologram eventually flickered off and a small crunching was heard under someone's feet as they advanced towards the front of the crowd. Tony looked up and was met with auburn down to red braided hair and Nat lifted him up from the ground, and took him in for a hug. Loki stood slightly behind, before rushing in for a hug with his brother. 

And eventually everyone was ok, and Peter got to rest, peace in his mind as he watched from above.