The Hungarian Hunter

Word Counter: 2184

Peter used to live in a cabin with his father and older brother. He was taught survival skills and was happy with his family. They lived in a cluster of cabins, that surrounded this lake. In winter, it would freeze over and they would go ice-skating, but all good things must come to an end. And death is the ultimate end, so Peter ended up iving with his aunt in Queens, and lived his life from there.

For the Christmas break, Tony took everyone on vacation to a remote location. All anyone was told was it would be cold so dress appropriately, and it was very, very far away from anywhere. They were loaded into a van with their bags and Tony set off.

A few hours later, the van come to a stop and the door rolled open. Peter's breath hitched as he looked out at the frozen lake, and the cabins, looking more run down than ever. Tony lead everyone to a cabin, Peter's cabin. He stopped infront of the door, but then stumbled backwards. "I'll be back in a minute guys."
He ran off much to his family's disagreements, through the forest to another cabin, and knocked 4 times. The door opened to his old family friends with their shotguns loaded, and their eyes widened at the sight of the young boy.

"Peter, is that you?"

Peter smiled and nodded "I was wondering if you still have the duffle bag my papa gave you for me. I'm here with my adopted family, we're staying here for the holidays."

The man walked off and returned with a large bag, and handed it to Peter with a goofy smile. "Which cabin are you staying in?"

"Papa's cabin, I'm just hoping my room hasn't been taken over so I can stay in there like old times."

"Well I hope you come visit us, Carl's been dying to see you, he comes home tomorrow, we expect the lake to freeze over."

"Then I'll be here tomorrow." Peter waved and walked off, navigating himself back to larger, more superior-looking cabin he was staying in. He walked in and was met with everyone looking worried. Tony jumped up and approached Peter "What were you thinking running off, do you understand how hurt you- Wait. Where did you get that bag?"

Peter just sighed and shook his head. "Had anyone chosen their rooms yet?"
No-one responded but Steve shook his head "We were going to let you have first pick."
Peter perked up at this and ran off up the stairs, heading straight to his old room. He opened the door slowly and there it was. The single bed with the patchwork quilt spread out messily. The dark blue walls and the matching mahogany desk and wardrobe. Everyone else looked around the room while Peter jumped on the bed. "YES!"

Everyone turned to Peter who was laughing while tears slipped down his face. Peter turned to the team and chuckled. "I haven't been here in years, and yet it still looks so clean. Everyone, welcome to my room."

The team just continued staring while Sam spoke everyone else's thoughts "What do you mean?"

Peter ran and jumped on his bed, landing face first, then rolled over. "I've been here before and this is where I stayed. The duffle bag is from an distant family friend, but you guys should go choose your rooms and get settled in."

Everyone wafted back out of the room, still confused but Clint stayed, holding a small blue suitcase that Peter brought with him. "I'll just put this under your bed then." He lifted up the quilt and was met with a selection of shotguns, pistols and daggers, he just stared.
"Beautiful, aren't they?" Peter broke him out of his stupor, crouching down beside the older man. Clint just put the suitcase on the floor and looked at Peter with disbelief. "Where did you get all of this?"