Connections

Word Counter: 1077

Peter had some connections...

Doctor Stephen Strange

He was ready to end it all. Sitting in an abandoned warehouse with his cloak wrapped up in a box, and a pistol pointed straight at his head. He was about to pull the trigger when the gun got snatched away from him, and there stood Spider-Man.

"Spider-Man. What are you doing here?" The Doctor looked tired.

"Mister Strange?" The spider's voice sounded fragile as he took a weary step to close the distance.

"Doctor" Strange muttered under his breath

"Mister Doctor Strange. Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why were you about to do that?"

Stephen paused before answering "I'm a pawn in the Avengers' game. I'm needed for battle, nothing more, nothing less. No-one really cares about me."

Spider-Man grabbed his mask and yanked it off, revealing 15 year-old Peter Parker, who had red, puffy eyes. "I care. Of course I care about you, you're an amazing man."

Stephen was shocked, he was about to kill himself infront of a teenager, who's probably been more traumatized than most people on Earth, but Peter offered something that would change his life.

"Would you like to stay with me? No compound, no sanctum, no work or responsibilities until need be." Peter offered a hand, and Stephen gladly took it.

"Thank you Spider-Man."

"Peter."

"Stephen."

Daredevil

Matt had just fought Wilson Fisk, and was stumbling through a random neighbourhood when he blacked out, straight on the sidewalk.

He woke up, professionally bandaged on a cream couch. He sat up slowly with a groan and he heard someone coming in from the side door, so he laid back down, trying to control his breathing.

"Are you ok Mr. Murdock?" It was a small, light voice, most likely a teenager.

"Who are you?" Matt asked, trying to sit himself up again, he felt a hand on his back and he was lightly guided upright and laid back against the cushion, and a deeper, more laboured breathing pattern entered the room.

"I'm Spider-Man."

"Who's the other guy?" Matt lifted a hand in the general direction of the 2nd breathing pattern.

"I'm a doctor." His voice was gruff, yet still relaxed.

"Are you ok Sir? You took quite the tumble off of the curb." Peter asked, sitting on the coffee table across from the sofa.

"I'm fine. Thanks. But you're a kid." Matt sounded quite unhappy with that, but Peter didn't mind.

"And you're a blind man."

"But I have radioactive enhancements."

"And I have Spider genes in my DNA."

There was an awkward silence before Peter sighed and Strange spoke up again. "I'm afraid you'll have to stop being Daredevil for at least 2 days. I would advise longer but you don't listen to people's advice very often."