Grandparents

Word Counter: 869

(Peter is adopted)

Peter smoothed out his shirt before standing  next to his mum and dad, ready to meet his grandparents. Bill and Launa Potts, he's been told that they aren't very well mannered but has agreed to meet them, just for special occasions. Pepper's sister, Ginger and her brother, Richard, are also attending, but he can't do anything about that in the end. So yes, he's meeting them.

(PETER'S POV)

The elevator opened and they walked right past us, but oh well. We followed behind them into the kitchen, and all sat down around the table, where carbonara was waiting for us. I saw Mr and Mrs Potts, and well as Ginger, pull a look of disgust while Richard just looked content. They piled on pasta and started eating in an uncomfortable silence before Mr. Potts spoke up. "So Virginia, are you still planning to marry the drunkard?"

I could see mum tense in my side vision before answering "Yes dad, I'm still marrying Tony."

Then his wife spoke up "What's with the bad food? Can't you make something better than this?"

"Sorry I couldn't refine my culinary skills, I was too busy running the most infuential multi-billion dollar business in the world, I haven't had any spare time lately." I snickered with Dad at that comment and my 'grandparents' glared at me, so I glared back.

"May I ask who this is?" Mr. Potts spoke up pointing a finger at me

"I bet he's just one of Tony's playboy mistakes." Ginger speaks up and I take in a deep breath as I see mum tense more, making me angry.

"That's our adopted son, Peter." Dad says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Well then, sort out the charity case, tell him to take away our plates or something." Ginger pointed towards me so I stood up with the fakest smile I could put on and saunted over to them, taking all of their plates and putting them in the dishwasher before going back over to my  'aunt'.

"Is there anything I could do for you, princess?" Sarcasm was dripping out of my voice and I mocked bowed, but she didn't get it.

"Yes actually, I would like a drink please, and some dessert. I would also like-"

I scoffed "What did your last slave die of? Exhaustion?"

I saw mum and dad hide snickers behind their hand as Richard choked on his water and started out-right laughing so I just smirked and grabbed a bottle of water from the side and poured it into a glass for her before going back to my seat.

"That was highly disrespectful Mr. Orphan." Mrs. Potts spoke up again, so I planned to humiliate her even more.

"It's not Orphan, it's Stark." Mum and dad's eyebrows raised at that as I never legally changed my name, but they didn't say anything, thankfully. I watched as grandmother-dearest's face turned red as she got more angry, and so did her husband. "Ok then Peter, I'm going to have to ask you to leave, this is a family dinner and you have shown nothing but hostility towards us as your guests."

"Mr. Potts, I'm going to have to ask you to leave as you are being very hostile towards the people who welcome you into their home, throwing around insult after insult. Now you can either leave or I can get security to escort you. You are currently a danger to my mum and her mental health. So again, please leave."

His voice raised "You can't kick me out of here. You're a scared little kid who got adopted so that you so-called 'Dad' could be put in the newspaper's good graces. We know all he does is laze around and drink, going to bed with other-"

My fists smashed right through the marble table and it crumbled to the floor, glasses and cultery hitting the wooden floor. "Finish that sentence I bloody dare you." I stared him in the eyes as Richard, Mum and Dad backed away from the mess, but the other 3 didn't back down.

"Hey orphan, how about you clean that up and leave before you make another mess?" Ginger quipped. My breathing quickened and I unholstered a knife from under my waistband and threw it down, leaving it sticking out of the floor. I walked over to Mr. Potts and backed him into the wall, breathing right in his face. "You 3 can either leave now, or security can forcefully escort you out."

I backed away, picking up my knife on the way and walked over to Dad, Mum and Richard who were ignoring the situation mingling. I turn to the mess I caused and see them frozen in shock. I point my knife towards the elevator with a threatening look and they scurry over there. The doors start closing and I throw the knife, it just fitting in the gap, sticking itself millimeters away from Ginger's face. The doors are shut and Mum and Dad are grinning at me, while Richard looks kind of shocked, so I turn to him. "I'm Peter Parker, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"So you're not a Stark, huh?"