Chapter 13

Just in case there was any confusion in the last chapter, TP Pharmaceuticals is a branch of Tryptic Pharmacies. Any company name starting with TP from now onwards is a subsidiary to Tryptic Pharmacies. The following chapters might slightly be based on parts of the K-drama 'Vincenzo.' 

3rd Dude's POV:

For, the next few weeks, Jisoo was extremely busy. She had drowned herself in work thinking that was the best way to forget about Taehyung. 

Things were hectic at her law firm too. Jisoo was trying so hard to take down Tryptic. Her client, Ms. Yang, was a victim of the late CEO if Tryptic Pharmacies. 

The late CEO of Tryptic, Mr. Gong, had many dark secrets about himself and his company. 

On the outside, he was loved by the public. 

Everyone thought his companies were amazing and so beneficial but no one knew what was behind that smile. 

CEO Gong would overwork their researchers and scientists to point where they would be have to be sent to hospital for a month. 

His researchers studying on illegal drugs and smuggling narcotics where exposed to such harsh toxins that they would throw up blood and die on spot.

He wanted to create a drug that would manipulate people's brains to thinking that his company was the best. 

He wanted to achieve the utmost power and domination over the entire republic of Korea. 

He was a certified psychopath but no one knew except for himself, his son, and his victims that were mostly dead. 

Even Jisoo was clueless about everything that Tryptic was doing until her Ms. Yang had told her everything. Ms. Yang was like a second mother to Jisoo. 

They had met when Jisoo was in highschool and she had helped the poor child survive and gave a home and food. 

Ms. Yang was a nice lady. 

She had three children and was happily married but it all ended soon. 

She was working as a house maid for Mr. Gong about 20 years ago because her family didn't have that much money. 

Mr. Gong always had a slight thing for Ms. Yang so he threatened her to kill her husband and children if she didn't leave so she had to leave her family behind. 

So she faked her death and lived as a ghost for years until she met Jisoo. Those two became close and eventually their relationship blossomed to an almost mother and daughter one. 

Throughout this time in hiding, Ms. Yang always thought of holding a trial against Mr. Gong since she had firm evidence against him and his company but never had the courage to do so until now. 

She wanted to get back at Mr. Gong for what he had done to her whether he was alive or dead so she decided to file a lawsuit against Tryptic. 

Ms. Yang had already set up her mind that she was going to get her revenge on Mr. Gong and since CEO Gong had died, she would attack his company and his son, and of course, Jisoo would help her.

While collecting evidence against Tryptic, Jisoo had uncovered many of Tryptic's deepest and darkest secrets that could bring them down. 

Jisoo had got her information from a whistleblower who was working at a prosecutor's office that handled all matters regarding tryptic pharmacies but it turned out that her only whistleblower had gone to Tryptic's side. 

Now Jisoo would have to get all the information on her own. 

You would think that things couldn't get worse but it did. Ms. Yang was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer just a few days ago.