~5: Amethyst~

I expected another round of hide and seek with the others. Instead, everyone split on their own. The youngest two took me to Elise's room. They wanted to play with the dolls, but I had no problem with it.

Jakob and Flora eventually brought us lunch. We took a break to eat, but were playing again before long.

Hinoka and Camilla came by at one point, asking for me. Elise was reluctant to let me go, but did so without pouting.

The older two took me into town. Camilla insisted we buy a new dress for me. Hinoka found a soft lilac dress, and Camilla approved of it after I tried it on.

We stopped at a bakery, grabbing a small bag of cookies. I ate most of them, but the other two were fine with it.

By the time we arrived home, the sun had nearly set. I was beyond exhausted, but we still had dinner to get through.

I didn't feel ready to deal with everyone at the table. I only hoped that nothing bad happened. I didn't want either side of my family to fight with each other. It hurt when they did.

"Dinner is nearly ready."

Jakob pulled me from my thoughts as we arrived at the front gates.

"Oh, thank you, Jakob."

He bowed, then turned and rushed to the kitchen. Hinoka and Camilla left me behind. I stood still in the hall. Flora passed by, and I stopped her.

"Flora?"

"Yes, Milady?"

"Can you wash this dress for me?"

She nodded, then took it and left. I sighed before starting to my room. I stopped on the first step when someone called my name.

I turned and found Azura nearby. She held open her arms, and I smiled gratefully. I stepped down and rushed into her arms. She wrapped her arms around me, petting my head.

"Would you like dinner in your room again? I can ask Jakob to take it up."

I nodded, then pulled away.

"Go get some rest. It's been a long day for all of us."

She gently pushed me towards the stairs, and I went.

I entered my room in a matter of minutes and changed into clean clothes. I set the Yato by my bed, then grabbed a book, and settled in.

A knock rose at my door.

"Come in."

It opened, and Leo peeked in.

"Oh, hey, Leo."

"You're eating in here tonight?" He asked.

I nodded, then pat the bed next to me. He sat down, turning to face me.

"Xander asked me to check on you. That, and Azura insisted I come check on you."

"Takumi hasn't started any fights, has he?"

"No, thank goodness. I haven't seen him much today, either."

"Neither have I."

He nodded and looked away, rubbing his neck.

"Well, I'd best get down for dinner. And tell Xander you're doing alright."

Another knock came from the door, then it opened. Jakob held a tray with my dinner. Leo stood from my bed nervously, glancing at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then."

I nodded, and he left.

"I hope Lord Leo wasn't causing trouble for you," Jakob said.

"He's not."

Jakob nodded, then placed the tray at my bedside table. He bowed, then left the room.

I lifted the tray, taking in the smell of my tea and soup. I settled once again, then began to eat.

~ * ~

Sorry for the short chapter! I've been aiming for 1,000+ words per chapter, but haven't gotten there yet. But if shorter chapters are better, let me know! In the meantime, I'll just keep doing my best writing this book!

 But if shorter chapters are better, let me know! In the meantime, I'll just keep doing my best writing this book!