~42: Leo~

I opened my eyes as the mattress moved. I turned my head and found Elise bouncing on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing?" I muttered.

"I'm bored," she mumbled.

"Go play with Sakura or something."

"Ryoma needed her in the village today. And Camilla's busy."

"With what?"

"I dunno."

I sighed, rolling over and turning my back to her.

"What about Effie or Arthur?"

"I wanna play with you!"

An annoyed sigh escaped my lips before I could stop myself. I pulled my pillow out from under me before covering my head.

"C'mon, Leo! It's been six months!"

"This isn't something you just get over."

"The rest of us aren't over it, either! But life moves on. Wasting time doing nothing isn't worth it. You gotta get out there and do something."

"And do what, exactly?"

"Just something!"

I sighed again, before my blankets were pulled away.

"Elise-"

"Get dressed and get outside! We're going to the village today!"

She moved over and stole my pillow, leaving me cold and alone.

"Niles, I need help!" she called.

The door opened, and Niles came in, peeking on us.

"Help me," Elise whined playfully.

He only chuckled as he moved closer, before helping pull me from the bed.

"Why are you doing this?" I grumbled.

Niles pulled me behind the divider before tossing me a new tunic.

"How long has it been since Iago died?" Elise asked.

"A week," Niles replied.

Elise only let out a disappointed sigh, yet a teasing tone came behind it.

"Neither of you are helping my mood."

"Then get outside!"

Niles slipped my armor on over my head, adjusting it where needed. He stepped back, and I glared at him.

"Why are you helping her?"

He only grinned, then pushed me out. Elise immediately grabbed my hand, dragging me out.

"Effie, is the basket ready?" she asked.

"I told you, it'll be ready for lunch! Go to the village first!"

Elise giggled, then took off again, pulling me with her. I could only sigh as she pulled me out into the village.

Hours passed as Elise continued dragging me through the village. We visited shops, Elise buying anything she wanted. She left me to carry her bags, but I couldn't bring myself to care.

Elise took off, leaving me in the village square. She stopped at one of the snack carts, pulling out her coin purse.

I let my eyes wander, before landing on the statue in the middle.

"That's Mikoto?" I muttered.

"Yes."

I jumped as Sakura stopped next to me, looking up at the statue.

"Ryoma wanted a statue built of her, in honor of her memory. Everyone loved her, and her death devastated us all. Amethyst, especially."

Elise rushed over to us before tackling Sakura with a hug. I pulled the empty paper bowl from her hand before tossing it into a trash bin.

"Sakura, you wanna eat lunch with us?" she asked.

"I just finished checking on the villagers! Let's go!"

They took off, and I followed behind slowly.

"Huh... Sakura didn't stutter," I mumbled.

I trailed behind them back to the castle, where we traded with Effie. She took the bags, handing us a basket with food.

"You go have fun!"

She ruffled Elise's hair before moving to put the bags away. Elise grabbed Sakura's hand before pulling her out.

"Let's go, Leo!"

I followed behind them, forced to go.

"Can't I go back to bed?" I asked.

"No! We're having a picnic!"

I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the lake. That was the last place I wanted to go, but Elise insisted. They disappeared around a corner.

I turned, expecting them to be far ahead. But they'd frozen in place. Elise dropped the basket, the food spilling out.

"Elise," I scolded.

I bent down to pick it up, but she stopped me.

"What?" I asked.

She pointed over to the lake, where Azura sat. She looked up at us, a sad smile on her face. My eyes landed on the figure laying in her lap, and I froze. Kaze knelt next to them, pressing his hand to her forehead.

"How?" I whispered.

"Pinch me."

I reached over to pinch Elise's arm. She jolted back before pinching me in return.

"Not a dream..." I muttered, tears stinging my eyes.

Sakura took off back for the castle as Elise and I stood frozen. Azura said something, then Kaze lifted her and carried her inside. I looked back to Azura as she shakily got to her feet, then moved over to us.

"How?" I repeated.

She only smiled, then continued past us, after Kaze. I stumbled back before taking off after her.

~ * ~

A shorter chapter this time, but the next chapter will be pretty long, with plenty of answers! I'm really excited and can't wait for Wednesday to come with the next chapter!