~17: Amethyst~

Azura finished braiding my hair as Flora dropped a couple sponges in the tub.

"Do you require anything else, M'Lady?" Flora asked.

"No, thank you, Flora."

She bowed, then headed out of the room. Azura wrapped her arms around me, resting her head on mine.

"Would you like me to stay with you this time?" She asked.

I shook my head, and she let me go.

"Call for Flora if you need anything."

I nodded, and Azura left the room. I waited until the door shut before dropping my towel and stepping into the bath.

~ * ~

My side ached as I stepped out of the castle.

Flora tried to follow me after I'd dressed, but I insisted I'd be fine.

I started for the gardens, clinging to my cane as I wobbled down the path.

I tried to hurry and find a bench. I probably shouldn't have been pushing myself, but I'd bothered everyone else enough.

I finally came across one, then plopped myself on the stone.

"Hey."

I jumped in shock, turning to the voice next to me. Takumi sat on the other end of the bench. His eyes were sunken in, shadows forming under them.

"S-sorry, I didn't notice you."

His face darkened, and he turned away.

"I'm used to it."

I grew quiet, watching as Takumi fiddled with a couple of leaves.

"You're not used to it, are you?"

He grew stiff, then stood. I grabbed his wrist, pulling him back down.

"Please, listen to me!"

He kept his head turned away, but he made no move to leave.

"I understand how you feel, in a way. I say I'm used to many things, but I'm not really. It hurts deep down, but I can't bring myself to tell anyone."

Our eyes met for a moment, his glistening with tears.

"And I... I forgive you! I know you didn't mean to hurt me. Something's going on, and it's affecting all of us. But I'm going to fix it! I promise!"

He looked away again, his expression sad.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

He pulled away and walked off, leaving me confused. I watched until he left.

I turned to the trees in front of me, watching as the sun set.

I held my cane in my lap, trying to figure out what he meant.

"There must be more to this," I muttered.

I pulled myself to my feet, then wobbled back to the palace.

~ * ~

As I came to my room, Silas rushed over to me.

"Mey, where did you go?" He asked.

"I-I just went to the gardens-"

The small group behind him released a sigh.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"One of the soldiers spotted Iago on the grounds. We couldn't find either of you, and began to worry," Jakob replied.

I grew quiet as they began muttering. I pushed through them and into my room. I went straight to my bed, where I crashed, and forced myself to sleep.

~ * ~

Good news! As of posting this chapter, the draft has been finished, and I've edited/updated all the chapters!

Updates now will come every Sunday until the fic is finished!

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the story so far!