~46: Leo~

I looked up from the map in my hands as the trees grew thinner.

"The Bottomless Canyon is usually around here. So the Vallan capital should be somewhere-"

My eyes widened as I spotted the castle. Chatter rose from the village below it, and I stopped my horse.

"Amethyst."

"Hm?"

She lifted her head from my back, peering over my shoulder. She froze before urging my horse forward.

"Mey?"

"I want a closer look!"

"But Xander-"

"He'll catch up."

The urgency in her voice stopped me from pushing back further.

"There's no sign of the canyon... it's all gone."

I looked back at Amethyst, but her gaze stayed on the gates as we moved closer.

The rest of the group had just passed the trees and froze to stare at the new castle.

"It's so weird..."

"Hm?"

"Usually I'm freaking out, but... I feel calm."

"It's better than a panic attack."

"Yes..."

We stopped at the gates, and there were no guards.

Amethyst slipped down before I could stop her and went straight into the city.

"Amethyst, wait!"

I climbed down, flipping the reins so I could take my horse with me.

My eyes landed on Amethyst as she moved down the street, getting farther away. I opened my mouth to call out before the reins were taken from my hands. I looked back, and Niles nodded.

"Go get her."

I nodded, then took off for Amethyst.

I slowed as I reached for her, then took her hand. She moved faster, dragging me with her.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The castle."

We kept moving through the streets until we arrived at the castle. The gates were wide open, with no one guarding it.

Amethyst let go of my hand, then rushed in.

I started after her, but Azura ran past me, following Amethyst in. My eyes widened in shock as Ryoma stopped next to me.

"I haven't seen Azura run that fast in a while."

"I'm surprised she can run again."

"She's pushing herself, but this is something the two need to work out."

"Should we leave them be, then?"

"Yes, we should. I have Kaze watching them, so they won't be completely alone."

"But then, what do we do?"

"Look around the capital and the castle. We can check up on them later."

I nodded, looking back at the castle.

"I suppose I want to look at the library..."

Elise took off past me and into the castle. I watched her go before sighing.

"It can't hurt..."

Xander nudged me forward as he pulled out a map, turning to speak with Ryoma.

I kept moving into the castle until I'd stepped through the doors.