Episode Eight: A Surprise Guest

All was peaceful the next morning… well, sort of.

The stronghold was filled with sounds of metal clashing against metal as the last moments of training came. Proxima, the other Mysticons and Angel Land fighters watched as Em and Byleth were facing off against one another in a one on one match. Byleth whipped out his sword in front of him. Em readied her shield and braced herself as the oncoming attack approached. The two then charged towards each other and let their mighty blades collide with each other for a while before separating. Byleth launched his sword out in front of him again, but Em luckily dodged the attack with much ease. She then ran forwards, imbued her sword with power and attacked Byleth with a single powerful slice that sent the professor flying across the room. Pointing her sword point blank at Byleth, Em panted, "And that's how it's done." "Very well done, girls," Byleth panted, "you've definitely grown stronger these past few weeks. Now, you girls are ready for the next part of your training." Much glee was filled in their hearts as the Mysticons couldn't wait for what they will learn about their Master abilities any longer. All this glee wouldn't last for long as three unexpected visitors entered the scene.

Into the stronghold came King Vincent Darius and Queen Amethyst Goodfey. Everyone noticed and turned their attention to the two immediately. "Your Royal Highnesses," Palutena asked, "what are you two doing here?" "That's a good question, Lady Palutena," Amethyst replied, "we just happened to run into someone on our way back. He seems to know two people who, coincidentally, we know as well." The fighters looked at each other, not even knowing who it was that knew 2 people. "Can I come out now," a voice asked in the distance. "Be our guest," Vincent replied. Into the scene came none other than Keaton. "Keaton," Pit and Zarya exclaimed in unison. "Surprise," said Keaton nervously. "You three know each other," Em asked. "Of course," Pit replied eagerly. He and Zarya then embraced the wolfskin, hoping for at least a tail wag for a response. "What are you doing here," Zarya asked, not even trying that much to stay cool. "My roommates were cool with me leaving for the day," Keaton replied, "that's when I thought of coming here. I met the King and Queen on my way over and thought that they seemed like nice people, so they invited me in." "And here I was thinking that Link was going to be your starmate," Vincent sighed in false disappointment. "Dad," Zarya silently growled through gritted teeth, "you know that Link's just a friend." Viridi couldn't hold it any longer so she quietly giggled, but that was more than enough to get some blood boiling. "What," Zarya scolded. "Nothing," Viridi replied nervously, "nothing. Please, Keaton, have a seat." Keaton's only response was a casual shrug as he sat amongst the group.

"You three will get the chance to hang out later," said Byleth, "for now, Proxima and I have to teach you how to control your elemental powers." The Mysticons perked up when they heard that they could control ELEMENTAL POWERS. "We read about it in the Codex," said Proxima, "besides increasing your powers, your Master Mysticon forms gave you the ability to control one of four powerful elements. Princess Arkayna, can you please step forward?" Arkayna hopped on over to Proxima and Byleth and waited for the next instructions. "As the Sublime Dragon Mage, you've gained the element of flames. Pretty typical, huh? Nope," said Byleth, "you have the ability to manipulate and breathe fire, shoot fireballs and conjure up a means of protection using your own element." With that, the professor lit up a cigarette lighter he confiscated from one of his other students and said, "Even something as small as this little spark can produce a mighty flame." With that, the Dragon Mage extracted the orange flame from the lighter and changed it into a green flame to better suit her abilities. She then started waving her hands as the fire took the shape of Pit's face. Everyone applauded as Arkayna bowed down like an actress on stage and the fire image disappeared.

All that was soon to be interrupted by the Mysticons' not-so favourite person, Gawayne.

The pompous jerk of a prince waltzed into the stronghold like it was his party or something with Marlin, his butler, following him. The Mysticons and Angel Land fighters all gave disgusted looks at him, having remembered the time he put his greasy hands on Pit's wings and pulled them to the point of almost tearing off. "Gawayne, my son, what are you doing here," Vincent asked sarcastically. "Just checking in on my favourite stepsisters and besties," Gawayne replied with as much fake care as he could use. "Hmph, who said we were friends with you," Piper mumbled under her breath. Gawayne's eyes roamed around the room till they met Byleth's and nonchalantly asked, "Who's this idiot?" "Idiot?! I'll have you know that I am one of the best professors in the realm," Byleth defensively scolded, "if you want, I'll give you a quick demonstration." He was about to use the Sword of The Creator against the prince when Gawayne said, "Nah, not interested. I'm more into this guy over there." He then walked towards Keaton and batted his eyelashes at him, causing the wolfskin to cringe and say, "Hopefully, tonight's lesson is better than this." "What," everyone else except Zarya, Pit and Palutena asked in unison. "On'tday ivegay usway eingbay atway Ildwoodway awayway, Eatonkay(Don't give us being at Wildwood away, Keaton)," Zarya whispered through gritted teeth in Pig Latin."Keaton, Zarya, Pit? May I please speak to you three in private," Palutena politely asked. "Sure, Lady Palutena," Pit replied. With that, the goddess of light warped the three away to the hallway.

                *          *          *          *          *

"I realize what I almost did," Keaton sighed, "I'll make sure I won't do that again." "That's not why I called you here," said Palutena sternly, "it's about Gawayne. I may have a feeling that he might spill the beans about you if he finds out." "But what would Gawayne reveal about me," asked Keaton, "we just met. What can he possibly do to ruin me?" "It's not you Palutena's worried about, it's us," said Zarya, "if the others found out I go to Wildwood in the first place, they'd forbid me to go there again." "And if Viridi and Pittoo find out I'm a werewolf, they'd kick me out of Lady Palutena's temple and call me a monster," Pit added, "people are still naïve when it comes to werewolves." Just then, the four witnessed Amethyst and Vincent dragging Gawayne back to the throne room and couldn't help but laugh as they made their way back to the stronghold.